Never was so few.

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
My take on a recent visit to the Battle of Britian Memorial in London.

Owed so much

Last edited:
as an ex soldier i take offence at the fact you got the title wrong :shrug: nice pic though (y)

'Never in the field of human conflict, has so much been owed by so many, to so few. sir winston churchill.

Last edited:
as an ex soldier i take offence at the fact you got the title wrong :shrug: nice pic though (y)

'Never in the history of human conflict, has so much been owed by so many, to so few. sir winston churchill.

I thought it was:-
"Never in the field of human conflict"

I too take offence!!!!!
;)

Did'nt really want to get into this but as a British Patriot i have to defend my corner. and maybe explian to those that don't seem to read everything within the post. There is nothing offensive in my mind.

The post reads ;
Subject "Never was so few"
followed by "My take on the Battle of Britian Memorial"
followed by the picture.
followed by the words "Owed so much".

I am quite aware of the well know phrase, I was not trying to duplicate the words of Sir Winston Churchill, which by the way should have been used with capitals. I just did not want to copy those great words.
It was my take on my thoughts of the time. I would have thought it was a compliment.

I too served, I have also wrote a page for a well know magazine on Sir Winston Churchill some of the lost history and also the statue of Sir Winston Churchill, some of which many are not aware of..

Last edited:
Did'nt really want to get into this but as a British Patriot i have to defend my corner. and maybe explian to those that don't seem to read everything within the post. There is nothing offensive in my mind.

The post reads ;
Subject "Never was so few"
followed by "My take on the Battle of Britian Memorial"
followed by the picture.
followed by the words "Owed so much".

I am quite aware of the well know phrase, I was not trying to duplicate the words of Sir Winston Churchill, which by the way should have been used with capitals. I just did not want to copy those great words.
It was my take on my thoughts of the time. I would have thought it was a compliment.

I too served, I have also wrote a page for a well know magazine on Sir Winston Churchill some of the lost history and also the statue of Sir Winston Churchill, some of which many are not aware of..

Hey Rocket, please note the ;) !
I'm not one to get my high horse. I was just amused that the post correcting yours also mis-quoted slightly.

Take it easy, and i see no reason to remove your picture, put it back!

Hey Rocket, please note the ;) !
I'm not one to get my high horse. I was just amused that the post correcting yours also mis-quoted slightly.

Take it easy, and i see no reason to remove your picture, put it back!

:bang: :LOL: Yes why not, Image replaced, after receiving unreasonable comment just trying to defend and give reason for my subject line etc. ..Anyway back to comments on the image please.(y)

Last edited:
Great image! Nice that the thread is back on track! (y)

Nice picture and nice sentiment. I agree that so few were owed so much. We don't always have to quote our feelings and I understood your titling straight away.

Thanks for all the comments (y).
The problem i had with this was the back ground, there were lots of tourists passing by and a large bus just beyond the tree, but i managed to loss it,so quite pleased with the results.

i at no time said i did not like the photo. i just stated rather badly (copy and paste from internet page) that the quote was wrong then made the same mistake :bang: apologise to all but if your going to quote get it right or change it like i have (y)

I was there last week. Great memorial to take photo's of.

Thanks Matthew, I felt i needed to get my own style on it.

Thanks Andy, hope you got some decent shots, its hard to get a decent shot when there are so many people about.

Back