New 1Ds Mk3 has come

Bob, get it in the US and you won't pay 6 grand!!
Yeah, its a great exchange rate at the moment.
Ive bought a few bits n bobs from the U.S, but never anything expensive.
I did cost it out for the D3 when it launched, but with taxes,shipping and insurance there wasn't much of a saving at the time.
Glad to hear you got a good deal mate.(y)

Meet Bumble. First photo from my 1Ds Mk3 using 24/70 at 70. Used 580EX II just on camera.

Bumble.jpg

He He, Bumble doesn't look to impressed mate!!
You'd think he'd have given you a smile for ya first shot!
Enjoy ya camera mate, its an awesome bit of kit.

I think she probably thought I was mad Bob....all the noises I was making just to get her to open her eyes. I think she sleeps 23 hours a day....lol

Manual reading is a "no win" situation really...if you do then it's questioned and if you don't then the response to a question ends up as RTM

The big problem occurs when you wife answers a question that you're struggling with. I'm now faced with reading ALL the tech stuff or hiding the manuals from her.

Enjoy yuor toy Bobby.

Bob

That's exactly whai I am doing, but there were less deliveries over there compared to here.
Hope we're not hijacking this thread, suspect there will be a few threads when more people get them.
how do you find the focus, mho?
George

So far the focus is very good, I have heard some disturbing noises from a friend at canon, In the usa their is talk of the viewfinder being out of alignment slightly, this is the reason for their small numbers available to buy, as they are holding stock back to check out the issue, but in the UK canon havent stopped distribution.
This is not hard fact but none the less, not really a good position for canon or buyers to be in.
I suppose time will tell as to if their is a problem or not, will be having a look this afternoon as i'm out shooting then.

So far the focus is very good, I have heard some disturbing noises from a friend at canon, In the usa their is talk of the viewfinder being out of alignment slightly, this is the reason for their small numbers available to buy, as they are holding stock back to check out the issue, but in the UK canon havent stopped distribution.
This is not hard fact but none the less, not really a good position for canon or buyers to be in.
I suppose time will tell as to if their is a problem or not, will be having a look this afternoon as i'm out shooting then.

Yes, I've heard about the alignment, although a trip to Canon servicing seems to sort it, really only a problem for architects and the like, I suppose. Also, there is talk of a major and permanent fix being in the offing for the 1D mk 3-on Rob Galbraith's site, so may wait to see if that is the case and get it all done together. Bit of a bummer with a body that expensive, though.

Back