New 40D images not showing in Bridge or Photoshop?

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I wonder if you can help please?

I've just upgraded from a 400D to a 40D, I've run the 40D solutions disk and have downloaded the photos from my camera. I can see them in the Canon software but for some reason they are not displaying in Adobe Bridge, all I can see is the CR2 file & no image.

Also when I try and open with Photoshop (CS3) I get an error message saying "Could not complete your request becasue it is not the right kind of document" :thinking:

I've always been able to open CR2 RAW files from my 400D before

Unfortunately I can't reload the Photoshop Software as I no longer have the disks :bang:

Does anyone have any ideas and can explain to a computer idiot please?

Hi I wonder if you can help please?

I've just upgraded from a 400D to a 40D, I've run the 40D solutions disk and have downloaded the photos from my camera. I can see them in the Canon software but for some reason they are not displaying in Adobe Bridge, all I can see is the CR2 file & no image.

Also when I try and open with Photoshop (CS3) I get an error message saying "Could not complete your request becasue it is not the right kind of document" :thinking:

I've always been able to open CR2 RAW files from my 400D before

Unfortunately I can't reload the Photoshop Software as I no longer have the disks :bang:

Does anyone have any ideas and can explain to a computer idiot please?

You will need to upgrade your camera raw from adobe. make suer you get the right one though as the latest wont work with CS3.

Edit, if you PM your email I'll send you a copy of the correct one.

You need to update the adobe camera raw file to be able to read the CR2 files from the 40D

Sirs you are fantastic - thank you very much :) Cosmix, PM on the way...

Thanks so much Cosmix - it's working in Photoshop now :D

Can I paste the same file into the same place in Bridge to make that work or should I google for a Bridge one too?

Sorry, I did say I was a computer idiot!

Thanks so much Cosmix - it's working in Photoshop now :D

Can I paste the same file into the same place in Bridge to make that work or should I google for a Bridge one too?

Sorry, I did say I was a computer idiot!

No Problem glad to help, not suer with bridge as dont use it,

Ok no worries, I just gave it a go and it doesn't seem to work so hopefully some one else can help

Thanks though, glad you got my Photoshop working :D

Wooohooooo I just found a solution online that I could understand and it worked :D:D:D

If anyone else has the same problem and is a dummy like me here are the destructions I found and followed:

2. Start Bridge.
3. Choose Tools > Cache > Purge Central Cache.

Important: Purging the Central Cache deletes cached thumbnail information for all folders. It also deletes labels, ratings, and rotation settings for read-only files (for example, files on a CD or locked files) or file formats that don't have XMP support.

NB: I was in the folder where the CR2 files weren't showing when I did the Purge

Back