New 50 asa film from Adox

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
https://kosmofoto.com/2018/09/adox-announces-new-hr-50-film/

ADOX HR-50 is based on an emulsion commonly available for technical purposes, featuring an ultrafine grain and superpanchromatical sensitization.
ADOX HR-50 is especially suitable for street and landscape photography.
In Portratit photography we recomend our dedicated HR-50 developer.
ADOX modifys this film from the master roll and confections it to 35mm, 120 and sheets (4x5).
The film´s speed is enhanced to 50 ASA using ADOX´s new SPEED BOOST- technology.
The gamma is reduced so it becomes perfectly usable for pictorial photography in regular developers.

ADOX HR-50 can be used as an Infrared film and responds extremely well to any sort of filtration (yellow, orange, red, blue, green).
The new ADOX *SNAP-ON*- Gelatin Filters are a prefect match.

Emulsion: Superpanchromatical
Resolution: Up to 280lp/mm at an image contrast of 1000:1
ISO: 50/17°
Base: 0,1mm PET
Anti Halation: Combined AHU/NC

From the "technical purposes" to the "special developer" it sounds like an inherently high contrast document film that can be used pictorially. Rather like Kodak's Technical Pan. I await further developments (in both senses).

Thats good news. I liked some of the earlier Adox offerings and I'll definitely give this a go, especially the 5 x 4.

From the "technical purposes" to the "special developer" it sounds like an inherently high contrast document film that can be used pictorially. Rather like Kodak's Technical Pan. I await further developments (in both senses).

Damm, missed that bit. Probably not all that new then, so many of these "new" low iso films are just document film. The rpx 25 was pretty high contrast.

Fotoimpex seem to have one variant of HR-50 in stock, the other expected soon (135)... All the ADOX 4x5 sheet film was sold out (and HR-50 is not listed) except CMS 20 II.

Back