New At This

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
New to this and any hints, tips and critique welcome also hints on lenses and technique
5822805672_6fa465e686_b.jpg

thanks for looking :)

Nikon D300
F10 1/60
270mm focal length on a Tamron 70 - 300 with a bit of a macro mode

Hi Andy,
not a bad shot for your first attempt, but with the lens you have you will only get 1:2 magnification which is half life size you need to get a true macro lens for 1:1 life size reproduction, two good lenses are tamron sp90 or sigma 105 both cheap and excellent iq.
another road to go down is smaller prime lens and tubes or a dcr150 or 250 but as never used the dcr adapters can only advise to look at some shots on here taken with them and decide for yourself.
hope this helps alittle
Gaz

Check out ajophotog on this site. He's the master. When I first started macro photography he advised me to get the Raynox 150 lens, costs about £35. He also advised using manual mode and focus. f11, shutter speed 200, ISO 200 and flash on. This was a great starter until I could afford the Sigma 105 macro.

Can't see anything wrong with the shot - but agree with NWgaz about a dedicated macro lens - you'll get far better images with the 1:1 magnification.

I just got the Sigma 105 & have to say it's well worth the money spent :D

Mike

Back