New Backpack

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for a new backpack with enough room for a D500 + 200-500 and a D7200 with 70-200 2.8. Doesn't matter if attached or not. Just need the room. Would also need room for monopod and some pockets for accessories. Advice and recommendations would be much appreciated.

Hi Richard I have a Tamrac anvil slim 15. I have the the same gear as you apart from the extra body but there would be room for it.There are several pockets for accessories and will carry tripod or monopod. I looked at all the lowpro range but were all much too bulky for me. I took all my gear with me to makesure it would fit so the Tamrac is well worth a look.

In the same boat, but replace D7200 with D810. both my bodies have grip. At the societies convention on Friday the Tenba Roadie Backpack looked a good option, if you don't have the grip, then it might be too deep.

Currently have Lowepro Computrekker which does struggle a little bit with the gripped/pro bodies.

I'll have a look at the Tamrac too

Old (but still available) Lowepro Vertex 200AW with 2 x gripped D500's fitted with 17-55mm f/2.8 and 24-70mm f/2.8 plus 70-200mm f/2.8, 200-500mm f/5.6 and old 35-105mm D series (poke thro' fence lens:D). Has tripod/monopod attachement thing on the outside:

45917352485_496ac2fbfb_b.jpg

GC

Hi Richard I have a Tamrac anvil slim 15. I have the the same gear as you apart from the extra body but there would be room for it.There are several pockets for accessories and will carry tripod or monopod. I looked at all the lowpro range but were all much too bulky for me. I took all my gear with me to makesure it would fit so the Tamrac is well worth a look.

Do you think the Anvil 11 would be ok to??

Do you think the Anvil 11 would be ok to??

Hi Richard not sure about the Anvil 11 I didn't look at that one.

Do you have any issues with the tripod mount on the lenses protruding????

Do you have any issues with the tripod mount on the lenses protruding????
i have a lowpro 450 AWii, i dont have your bodies, but i can easily get the d500+200-500 down the middle attached, i also know the 70-200 fits alongside (off the body), so you would have more than enough to put a body on the other side with some small extras.

That's a great help for me. I think my Computrekker is longer (just slightly) so replace 24-70 with 105VR and I think I have had my bag layout designed for me.
Thanks
Old (but still available) Lowepro Vertex 200AW with 2 x gripped D500's fitted with 17-55mm f/2.8 and 24-70mm f/2.8 plus 70-200mm f/2.8, 200-500mm f/5.6 and old 35-105mm D series (poke thro' fence lens:D). Has tripod/monopod attachement thing on the outside:

45917352485_496ac2fbfb_b.jpg

GC

So narrowed it down to either -

Lowepro Flipside 400/500aw

Tamroc Anvil Slim 15

I've been looking at the Flipside too. I like the idea of the opening being against my back, as opposed to open to sticky fingers

Lowepro bags are terrible imo. I hate the design.
I use Fstop bags and find them a lot better, a bit pricy but totally worth it.

Back