New Bag....Must be Backpack style...

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
One of the things I know I need is a new bag for my camera equiptment. And Mum&Dad have landed the option of getting me it for Christmas.

I currently have a pretty boy xxxl which I purchased from focus this year, but I am looking at a rucksack-type one.

I want one similar to this one which is where the whole top of the bag unzips to accomodate the SLR/lens rather than one that the SLR/Lenses fit at the "bottom" of the bag. Cos I dont like them. If you watch the video on that page you'll know what I mean.

I want something that I can grow "into" rather than grow out-of.

I currently have the Nikon D200 Gripped, with 18-70 lens, and sigma 10-20 - I will be looking to get a 70-300 and sometime in the future a Sigma 105. I occasionally will also be carrying the Tamron 90mm and lets not forget my SB 800 flash-gun....so - any recommendations?

Cheers!!!

Is Lowepro MiniTrekker AW any good? Can't carry a laptop though.

If you go for one of this range, get the AW one if you can, as that's totally waterproof rather than water resistant

On a club trip I was delighted with mine as when we got back Ged's backpack looked like he'd thrown it in a lake - couldn't have been any wetter if he had !!!

DD

Just brought one. Don't normally do rucksacks but this one has really impressed me.

If you go for one of this range, get the AW one if you can, as that's totally waterproof rather than water resistant

On a club trip I was delighted with mine as when we got back Ged's backpack looked like he'd thrown it in a lake - couldn't have been any wetter if he had !!!

DD

D, the one on the linkie is an AW one :shrug::thinking:....but sure it just mentioned water resistant?

D, the one on the linkie is an AW one :shrug::thinking:....but sure it just mentioned water resistant?

Yep - looked again - it mentions resistant before using the AW bit - you really only need the AW bit for when it pshes it down

DD

Is Lowepro MiniTrekker AW any good? Can't carry a laptop though.

Just had a look at the MiniTrekker and it does look to hold a surprising amount of kit!

That's mine - it's ace

Carries a D2Xs, D300, 70-200 f2.8, 12-24mm, 18-70mm, 50mm, SB800 and loads of other bits & stuff too

DD

DD, is yours definately the MiniTrekker? Cos yours hold loads of kit, and might be saving mum some money if this is the case...:LOL:

Just brought one. Don't normally do rucksacks but this one has really impressed me.

Which one have your bought?

Yep - looked again - it mentions resistant before using the AW bit - you really only need the AW bit for when it pshes it down

DD

Hmm....now its this one I noticed, or the MiniTrekker now!!! :shrug: Theres about £30 difference in price on warehouseexpress

I occasionally will also be carrying the Tamron 90mm

:thinking:

how about the vertex 100 or 200 as per link?

mini trekker aw
or the expedition range from tamrac

didnt amazon have a sale on the lowepro range recently?

Cool D, thats the one Ive been looking at and you can get loads of stuff in yours!!! LOL Makes me a bit more confident in purchasing from the net :)

Thanks for the help/advice everyone!!!!!! Mum'll have to get me a little bit extra now you've all saved her some money!!! :LOL:

Cool D, thats the one Ive been looking at and you can get loads of stuff in yours!!! LOL Makes me a bit more confident in purchasing from the net :)

Thanks for the help/advice everyone!!!!!! Mum'll have to get me a little bit extra now you've all saved her some money!!! :LOL:

Best price I saw was at Focus last year - about £60 - nearly bought another one for when this eventually dies on me - it does weigh in at up to 18lbs and no sign of wear'n'tear so far in over 4 years use

DD

check out the Dakine Sequence, lots of great features.

Dakine-5410.jpg

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=47172&cat=500

I have the vertex 200 and rate it extremely highly. Its just so comfortable and well made. You can throw it about and know that your gear is well protected. Its just about the only backpack that i could find to carry all my gear and still be comfortable when worn.
I can only assume that the 100 will be just as good.

Kev.

Lowepro MiniTrekker bag ordered :)

To answer your earlier question I brought the Lowepro Mini Trekker AW. Using Camerapricebuster I purchased it from Jacobs, got a discount and free delivery for just £58.22!

To be honest, I prefer the Mini Trekker mark 1. Pre AW. A lot better shape, and lots more room, for lunch and waterproofs. More of a hillwalking bag than the AW.
My lad nicked my Mk1 when I won an AW in a competition. I'd swap back anyday. Just use a £6 waterproof 'sleeve' to keep the wet out.

Back