New Bag

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I currently have a Lowpro Mini Trecker but struggle to get all my equipment into it. I carry EOS 350D with battery pack, EF 100 - 400L IS USM, EF 28 - 135 IS USM, the 18 - 50 kit lens with Macro attachments (will upgrade when I can afford a Macro lens), external flash and I am waiting delivery of a Sigma 15 - 30 DG EX. So the main body of the rucksack is fit to burst. I've looked a hundreds of different rucksacks but am unsure which one to go for. Any tips on what is suitable for my needs, price and reliable retailers.

I usually carry all my gear just incase I come across something I am not equipped for (been caught out before).

Cheers Brash!!!!

^^ What he said ^^^

By end of this week I'll have more kit then my current bag can cope with, am looking for a shoulder bag ideally (rucksacks + sweaty nightclubs just don't work).
Sorry for threadbutting, just seemed silly starting a 2nd thread about bags!
x

lowepro slingshots are just amazingly useful. The 200aw can hold 4 lenses, and a camera with mounted lens. and still room for rocket blower, filters, batterys, charger, memory cards, little book and all sorts really

Check out the Lowepro website, it's amazing and has little cut diagrams of the bags so you can see what a "packed" bag would look like.

If I had more equipment (and money) at the time, I would have gone for a bigger bag also. Some on there are just amazing!

Check out Aspen of Hereford on Ebay - They have a superb array of bags for sale.

I've got a Lowepro Slingshot 300AW, and it easily takes the following:

400D
1DnMk2
100-400mm inc hood
50mm
24-105mm inc hood
18-55mm
430ex
580exII
Half a dozen memory cards
Half a dozen filters

A still have just enough room to squeeze in a sarnie or sausage roll :D

Have a look at the Tamrac Expedition range. I have the Expedition 5 which is a nice size and has so much room it's like the tardis!

(Sorry CC they're rucksack styleee but Tamrac do very good shoulder bags too ;))

Have a look at a Tamrac Cyberpack 9;) I'm very pleased with mine...but it's like the Tardis:LOL:takes all my gear with loads of room to spare and it's got more pockets and pouches than you could shake a very large stick at:LOL: Theres even room for a laptop should you wish.

Infact my gear looks so lost in there I'm going to have to buy more toys just to fill it up:woot:

I bought an Eastpak Hudson bag. Tough, durable, and doesn't shout 'photographer'. It's not a camera bag, so doesn't have dedicated compartments, but the main bit is great for my DSLR which is in a square LowePro bag with lens attached. Other lenses (in their bags) can go in too. Handy sidestraps that are big enough for lightstands and tripods. Smaller pouches for triggers, batteries, etc. Plus proper laptop compartment, which can also be used for notes.

Got mine half price at £27 in a Westworld sale. If they have an outlet near you, might be worth a look. Unless of course you're looking for a dedicated camera bag.

I'm just starting in this game but I bought a slingshot 100 from currys (couldn't believe it!)as it was half the price of jessops and cheaper than i could find in a quick browse of the net. they are doing the 300 for £60 vs. J's for £100.

much as I dislike the whole currys/dixons/pc world/ b&q monopolies thing, they sometimes do have good deals.

I use a shoulder bag these days. Rucksacks got on my fiddle having to swing it round open it get what I want zip it up swing it back etc,... Now I simply lift the hood and grab what I need. For this I use the Lowepro Nova 5. Massive thing. Fits all my gear no problems.

For backpack situations I use a StormTrekker standard camelback rucksack. I attached the 80-200 to the D200 (without grip) and stick in the main compartment. Then only bring the essentials as there is a 2 litre water sack to keep me hydrated.

Good luck finding one.

King.

be interested to see which you choose as I have the mini trekker AW and finding it a little too small now..was contemplating the nature trekker aw 2..must admit like king though,I hate having to take it off to get anything out..

Back