New Bird Photography Challenge - Discussion

crusher

Greengrass
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello folks.

Right. Been thinking about this.......and it has been quite difficult to decide what to go for next.

I remembered that in the discussion preceding the first challenge, some people mentioned that they were unable to get decent photos of birds due to living in the middle of towns etc. So.............

I propose another challenge that most people can have a go at whether they live in the town or country or anywhere in between. At the risk of upsetting the purists I think we should go for "Best Bird on a Feeder"

Hopefully this will encourage more people to enter than last time.

I think we should have a start date of 1st April and let it run for a month.

What do you think?

Sounds good!

There can be scope for creativity in the feeder itself too I guess....I'm remembering back to the shots of the robin on the old boot in the run up to Christmas! :) What with Easter round the corner too....

Sounds good!

There can be scope for creativity in the feeder itself too I guess....I'm remembering back to the shots of the robin on the old boot in the run up to Christmas! :) What with Easter round the corner too....

If everyone is happy, Phil can you use your influence with the Mods to have an "entries" thread as a sticky on this forum and we could probably use this thread for any discussion?

Doh!!

I have been avoiding feeder shots like the plague and now i have to go back to them.:annoyed:
Evil lord crusher you will not turn me back to the dark side of the force,:bat:

go on then just for this month ;)

I like it, far more chance of me actually getting a shot on the feeder... :D

Def up for this, getting some nice visitors to mine at he moment. :D

Sounds like a good challenge, I might have a go at this, just need to find a good feeder as I don't have a garden! :D

as all i seem to get is those on feeders think that i am joining this on for def

Best blurry bird on a feeder and I'm in :D

Time to get a bird feeder on the roof in work :D

1st of April ehh! I am expecting some fool will come up with something VERY out of the ordinary!! :naughty:

I have a photographic memory that was never developed

Feeder, not got many on feeders, I've got plenty of empty branch shots!

I would like to enter some for this too! :)

Do you mean like this one :D

GROAN!! Its starting already and it's only the 31st!!

I have a photographic memory that was never developed

Sorry I wasn't around to make the new thread etc...been so busy as of late :( Thanks for keeping on top Crusher (y)

Sorry I wasn't around to make the new thread etc...been so busy as of late :( Thanks for keeping on top Crusher (y)

No problem!

Been busy as well.......haven't taken my camera out of the bag for nearly 2 weeks!!

:LOL: Very good!

I got two ducks up on a feeder meant for much smaller birds, very amusing to watch :D

That would be a sight to see :D

GROAN!! Its starting already and it's only the 31st!!

That's why I posted it early .... That squidger probably chomps threw at last a quarter of the bird food, the pigeons get a further quarter, the starlings throw a fair chunk out for the ground feeders to munch on, cos they are such messy eaters, leaving a little for the others... I'm contemplating getting a new tray with a low lid on it so only the littlies can get at the good.

Off and running.............two entries in.....both excellent. :clap:

Keep 'em coming folks!!

I am glad this challenge got bumped. I had been looking for it but did not find it. I will give this one a try.

Jenny

I did try to have it made into a sticky---------but I've obviously not got enough influence with the Mods. :bang:

One question, are the rules the same, just the one shot, but allowed to change ?

One question, are the rules the same, just the one shot, but allowed to change ?

Sorry, should have made it clear from the outset.....yes

Well it happened this very morning.
On the feeder I've had usual chaffs, sparras, BBs, tits, starlings etc but... just spotted a woody on the feeder.
It's very dull, low light, shooting through window and the angle on the bird is defo not the best, pretty ***** in fact.
Fired off a couple of shots, high ISO so got something.
Hoping to get some better shots on next visit.

Oh apologies for earlier comments placed on "entries thread".

Back