New black backdrop

shrimperblue

Suspended / Banned
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I got a new black backdrop and this photo is one of the results of the trial with it.
It has been edited to bring out her eyes, making it moody which is what I wanted.

Thanks.

ss.jpg

I like this picture a lot.

And where did you get the background from?

thanks. Its a reversable, "self expanding frame" black or white back drop.

I got it here: http://www.karlu.com

I think it was £130.00 delivered. Good service too.

looks good (y)

Hi Shrimper, it looks like the black is bleeding into her hair and clothes, did you use maybe too much selective colour black PP? I use black bakdrops pretty much all the time, trial and error concluded that the subject should be quite a distance from the black backdrop to allow for selective colour PP and for clarity with lighting etc. If you have two studio lights, set one of them facing the backdrop from the side angle.

Thanks for your advice. She was sat quite close to the back drop. I used 2 studio lights head on so all taken on board and back to the trialing :p

Although this one is going in the portfolio as I like it!

With 2 lights it's often useful to have one shooting back towards the subject from behind to add a rinm-light to the figure, or just the hair to define it against it's background - otherwise, black clothing will merge and shoulders/hair disappears into the darkness

i like the fact she merges into the background a little yet you can still make her out makes it kind of mysterious

Back