New BlackRapid R-Strap -- Two camera jobby

Name
Sir
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got an email from BlackRapid about their new double camera strap.

I have the first (single) version and it is great ... But pricey .. :shake:

This new double camera strap looks fantastic but again, it's not cheap.

Anyway, here's the link ... Linky

Anybody got an opinion?

I made my own single R-Strap and I love it. I'd like to upgrade it with the FastenR-2 but their prices are obscene! $12 - you're having a laugh. That's a 50cent component that should be sold for $2 max. As I found out when ordering the bits to make my strap, the components cost pence.

I see they now won't mail to Europe as they have a European distributor - who only sells the single strap. No doubles and no accessories.

Fancy having a go at a double one?
I chose to use 25mm straps for my single Bloo-Straps ;) (Mustn't call them R-Straps). I can see the double R-Strap would be better with 19mm straps as they appear to be made with these. My reel of webbing and accessories (what few I now have) are all 25mm. If I can find a decent source for 19mm accessories then I might give it a go.

I chose to use 25mm straps for my single Bloo-Straps ;) (Mustn't call them R-Straps). I can see the double R-Strap would be better with 19mm straps as they appear to be made with these. My reel of webbing and accessories (what few I now have) are all 25mm. If I can find a decent source for 19mm accessories then I might give it a go.

Keep me informed ... (y)

I modified an OpTech Reporters Strap using the straps for the second camera to extend the strap for the main camera. It all just clicks together with all the ends already done for you. A simple small loop on the camera itself (fits through the strap eye opposite the hand grip on the camera body) and the modified main strap now passes through the loop and goes diagonally across my body with the nice OpTech padded stretchy bit sitting nicely on my shoulder/neck junction. Because it is fitted to the eye opposite the camera hand grip (rather than underneath the camera) it hangs comfortably with the grip very easy to find. As the main loop (the one diagonally across my body) slides through the small loop on the camera it is very easy to use in landscape or portrait mode and can even be held overhead if necessary.

Very flexible and not a badly priced option. The camera body does not swing away from you as much or as easily if you have to lean forward (even with flash fitted) and if you have to kneel the camera naturally sits at your side.

Optech strap here

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1007805

John

I use an R-Strap, love it. First thing I did was get rid of that crappy FastenR (even the name annoys me), which works itself loose (peace of mind = zero). You can attach the clip directly to your camera (where the normal strap attaches), and it works just as well.

Will probably buy another R-Strap for second body, and may as well give the coupler a pop.

Graham, cool link :)

Back