B&W New Brighton Light House

Looking god Simon. The second one definitely shows the advantage a drone gives :D

Very good.

I recall Ricardaforce posting photos of Cardiff Bay he'd got using a drone and they were excellent. There's such a lot you could do. I've thought a few times of flying one around the Welsh hills, make a video after several flights and then run it with background music of Welsh male voice choirs. Anyone in Scotland could do the same but with bagpipes playing or well known Scottish music... eg Flower of Scotland, Skye Boat Song or my wife's favourite, Highland Cathedral.

Land of Hope and Glory or Rule Brittania doesn't seem to have the same appeal ... :D Just had a thought. Rough seas..rough Mersey Estuary,as long as it's not too windy, you don't want to lose your drone. Pity the Pier Head to New Brighton/Seacombe ferries don't run anymore, you could have played Gerry and the Pacemakers 'Ferry 'Cross the Mersey " I've been on the 'Egremont' ferry several times and watched the so-called yellow 'Fish & Chip' boat...real name the 'Royal Iris" sail out to the Bar.

Of course, you have the Manchester docks, too.

Last edited:
Lovely shots! I particularly like the second one. It's almost like you need to look at the shadow after looking at the roof of the lighthouse to actually realise its a lighthouse, that makes it really interesting :)

Lovely shots! I particularly like the second one. It's almost like you need to look at the shadow after looking at the roof of the lighthouse to actually realise its a lighthouse, that makes it really interesting :)
Yeah I love top down photos. Can give such a unique look on something. I wasn’t to happy when I got there as it wasn’t great lighting. Luckily the sun came out in order to cast the shadow.

Very good.

I recall Ricardaforce posting photos of Cardiff Bay he'd got using a drone and they were excellent. There's such a lot you could do. I've thought a few times of flying one around the Welsh hills, make a video after several flights and then run it with background music of Welsh male voice choirs. Anyone in Scotland could do the same but with bagpipes playing or well known Scottish music... eg Flower of Scotland, Skye Boat Song or my wife's favourite, Highland Cathedral.

Land of Hope and Glory or Rule Brittania doesn't seem to have the same appeal ... :D Just had a thought. Rough seas..rough Mersey Estuary,as long as it's not too windy, you don't want to lose your drone. Pity the Pier Head to New Brighton/Seacombe ferries don't run anymore, you could have played Gerry and the Pacemakers 'Ferry 'Cross the Mersey " I've been on the 'Egremont' ferry several times and watched the so-called yellow 'Fish & Chip' boat...real name the 'Royal Iris" sail out to the Bar.

Of course, you have the Manchester docks, too.
Defo try one out. The Mini SE is pretty affordable but it only shoots in jpeg.

Back