New Brighton Lighthouse & Bidston Hill.

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a trip out with @stevelmx5 the other day to New Brighton & got a single shot - to be honest, it was more because I felt that I had to after all of the messing around, batcape, random photobombers, Polaroid back not playing ball, etc. than the actual merits of the photo itself :LOL:

Taken on a Calumet Large Format & my first proper shot with it, I used Fomapan 100 & stand developed in Rodinal - post processing curves & dodge & burn. There's a slight light leak at the back of the camera that I am sorting now but has resulted in some unevenness of tone throughout both shots.

Second shot is Bidston Hill Windmill from a different day - need to revisit when the sky has a bit more atmosphere but I've been spoiled by my infrared versions of here so will be trying to get something similar (I remain hopelessly optimistic:)

Cheers for looking (y)

I'm liking those mate, particularly the Bidston shot. I like the fact the path is more prominent than the windmill so it leads you through the shot. I'll get mine up once I finish the roll.

Lovely 5x4 images Mike, love the contrast and tones. Is the standard lens on a 5x4 a 210mm ? I once had a Toyo 45C many (many) years ago. I now shoot a 6x7 neg and loving it.

regards;
Pete

I'm liking those mate, particularly the Bidston shot. I like the fact the path is more prominent than the windmill so it leads you through the shot. I'll get mine up once I finish the roll.

Looking forward to seeing them mate, cheers for the feedback (y)

Lovely 5x4 images Mike, love the contrast and tones. Is the standard lens on a 5x4 a 210mm ? I once had a Toyo 45C many (many) years ago. I now shoot a 6x7 neg and loving it.

regards;
Pete

Cheers Pete, my Calumet came with a Fujinon 150mm so I had assumed that was standard but I think 210mm may well be the norm given what I've read whilst researching recessed lensboards. Do you still have any shots from the Toyo?

Looking forward to seeing them mate, cheers for the feedback (y)

Cheers Pete, my Calumet came with a Fujinon 150mm so I had assumed that was standard but I think 210mm may well be the norm given what I've read whilst researching recessed lensboards. Do you still have any shots from the Toyo?

No, sorry Mike, it was about 22yrs ago I last had a Toyo 45C, I had a marriage split in the last 6yrs, I left everything behind film and negatives wise etc.... Time to re-fresh and move on.

No, sorry Mike, it was about 22yrs ago I last had a Toyo 45C, I had a marriage split in the last 6yrs, I left everything behind film and negatives wise etc.... Time to re-fresh and move on.

Ditto.... Know the feeling very well. Lost all my photo's of the miners stike (sad) but she knew where it would hurt lol

Back