New Business Printing advice

Name
Jason Ling
Edit My Images
No
I am looking to set up a Wedding and Portrait business with the option of printing my own prints. I have been looking at the Epson Surecolour P900. Has anyone any experience with these printers and would they recommend?

FWIW if you are looking for a (business) user POV then look for Keith Cooper's Northlight Images website and his YouTube channel (on my phone at the moment......so will add links later when back on PC.....but in the meantime you should be able to find it by Googling)

As for whether any wedding and/or portrait business TPer's, perhaps they will give their 2p's worth.

Edit
As promised

Last edited:
I have the P900 and would absolutely recommend it. It was a toss up between the SC-P5000 and the P900 and desk space won out. I came from a SP4800.

I documented my initial thoughts here

After 6 months use, it's still printing absolutely fine (I'd obviously expect that) and other than annoying pop ups to download the latest version of their print design software I don't use, I'd definitely recommend it. Would also agree with Box about Keith Cooper. Very informative stuff on his videos and his blogs.

I'm a SC-900 user! I watched a ton of Keith Coopers videos before choosing a printer - I'm not experienced with printing, so his channel has been a great resource.

I'd recommend it, yes

but.. I'm mostly printing for myself with the once in a blue moon print sale and giving prints away to friends and family, so the quality would be up to the task for sure. So, I'm not using it commercially so to speak which means it doesn't have to create a profit or pay it's way... I just wonder if a single supplier that provides prints, wall art and albums would be the way to go and be less risky for someone starting out in business.

I am looking to set up a Wedding and Portrait business with the option of printing my own prints.

TBH I wouldn't print my own. I'd use a professional lab to do it.Let them worry about maintenance and costs of running. Most are so easy to use

Reactions: Sky
Back