New camera, no video required!

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
New camera, no video required!

The above is not strictly true, but let me explain:

First of all I have a Canon 2000D with a few lenses and love it, apart from it being bulky and other minor niggles, now my partner is getting interested in photography and me being the sort of bloke to never miss the chance of brownie points, feathers in caps and other things men strive for whilst mostly mucking about and doing our own thing, I kindly said you can have my 2000, I shall unfortunately have to upgrade though (what a shame)

Anyway, I know I write a thousand words when 10 will do, so the upshot of this thread.

I have no interest in shooting videos, never have done and never will do, I am only interested in photographs, in fact I have never even tried the video on my 2000D and have had it for a few years now, so if possible (I doubt it) I want a Canon camera mirrorless if possible, where the video aspect is an afterthought. Now I know this is highly unlikely, but I feel sort of cheated spending those extra pennies on something I'll never use! Obviously I would like to use my old lenses with an adaptor if required.

I know every Tom Dick and Harriet are into vlogging and basically loving themselves to the point of Narcissism, so I realise this is unlikely, but I thought I would ask, I expect some people will say go back to older models, but I really don't want to.

Thanks for any advice

First off, what's your budget

Well lets say I am looking at the Canon EOS RP
Secondly, what do you like to photograph

Macro, plants, insects, textures, landscapes, mainly outdoorsy stuff, have no interest in people or pets (for photographs!)
Thirdly, what lenses do you have.
Mainly macro, kit lens, 50mm.

Thanks
Canon camera without video ... No chance although it probably does only add pennies to the price anyway.

Unfortunately, video is now a fixture on every camera. You just have to ignore it. I've used it a few times in the last ten years to record a Lego train or GBC layout but I probably could have used my phone instead.

If you could get a camera without video it would probably be very expensive.
On most it's just a small red button which can often be changed to another function
I don't want or need most of the functions on my phone, so just ignore them.

Why not get something along the lines of a used 1D4 or 1dX both are very cheap these days , and the leap in I.q and use ability compared to a D2000 will be astounding

Why not get something along the lines of a used 1D4 or 1dX both are very cheap these days , and the leap in I.q and use ability compared to a D2000 will be astounding

If the OP has already mentioned the EOS2000 is a bit bulky, What's he going to do with a 1 series :sneaky:

Back