New camera recomendations

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok,most ,if not all of my photography is done in black and white. Ill not go into all the details why and how etc ,but thats what i do.
I have several lenses and shoot mainly with 5d mk 111 and i love this older body. I also use a lumix lx100 and i call it my fun camera. I take it almost everywhere due to its compact size and images quality.
I have seen the newer lumix mk 11 but looking for something different.
So i am looking for something pocket or slightly larger size .Decent mignification fixed zoom lens.
Not too complicated to change settings quickly i always shoot manual.
As i said i shoot in B & W so good for B & W images contrast etc.
Not sure if i will be going down the street photography syle ,but ocasionally a structure or deep shadows catch my eye.
Hope this is not too long and im sure some of you have the same interest .Only really interested in what camera you are presently using ,not links.
Thank you for any comments .

No one with the same intrests or situation as me then.

No one with the same intrests or situation as me then.
Nope...
But how about the Fuji X100V ?
  • Pocketable? If you have big pockets.
  • Fixed 23mm pancake, but with both a wide and telephoto convertor that you can add (It'll cost you about a monkey for the pair).
  • The Fuji Acros film simulations.
  • Stealthy rangefinder design (good for street apparently)
No, I'm not using one, I use the X-T2 and 3.
But you'll find plenty of advocates in the Fuji Users thread.

I like the Fuji X100 series, and usually carry an X100T. It's certainly compact, easy to use in manual mode, and has a very decent lens (at 23mm it has equivalent coverage to a 35mm lens on full frame), but it isn't a zoom. I've never bothered with the conversion lenses, which change the focal length to 19mm or 33mm (equivalent to 28mm or 50mm full frame coverage).

Thank you for replies,now i have got some to research.

Well i actually have a sony rx100 mk 1 and mk 3 and used to own a mk 2.

They are good for their very small size but obviously quite fiddly in manual mode but the more you use them the faster you get at it.

I have had a fuji x100 but did not like having a fixed lens.

Back