New camera strap required. Suggestions?

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
My Karl Taylor camera strap is wearing away and I'm in need of another.
Rubbery material on one side and fabric on the other. Comfy.
Always used shoulder straps, so will stick to them. Looking for something comfy.

Thought about the Peak Design Slide camera strap, but it's £54 on Amazon.

Black Rapid sport breathe here for hiking with Optech Pro for on-the-shoulder action. Optech do different versions for Nikon/Canon, the loop-through ends are almost impossible to fit on a Canon (but very secure if you manage it).

Black Rapid sport breathe here for hiking with Optech Pro for on-the-shoulder action. Optech do different versions for Nikon/Canon, the loop-through ends are almost impossible to fit on a Canon (but very secure if you manage it).
I like the Op/Tech straps with the 3/8" webbing connector, which fits most things, either directly through a broad lug, or through the D-ring of ring lugs. These connectors are standard on at least one version of the Pro strap, and available separately if you need them. I'm not keen on straps that just use a bit of string through the lug, or anything that dangles the camera from the tripod bush. Op/Tech straps generally don't have any metal bits to scratch your camera, either.

IMHO Peak Design are worth the little extra you pay. I wouldn`t use anything else now. Had the slide on my D810, and now the lite on my XH-1

IMHO Peak Design are worth the little extra you pay. I wouldn`t use anything else now. Had the slide on my D810, and now the lite on my XH-1

Same. Also, if you have more than one camera, you just need to buy more red dongle thingies and you have the one strap for all occasions.

Same. Also, if you have more than one camera, you just need to buy more red dongle thingies and you have the one strap for all occasions.

Ive got a new Slide Lite in the cupboard, bought it a couple of years ago or more ago at the Societies trade show. One of those things I keep meaning to try then forget all about it again.
Use wrist straps from Cordweaver with the Red PD connectors so it would probably work well, maybe tomorrow.

Gone with the Pro Peak Slide. Should have it by Friday

Back