New camera test...Crow shot

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello All,

As some of you know I am a newbie on here and a complete amateur compared to most of you! I have got this 'birds in flight' bug bad and was struggling with the speed and resolution of my old S1 Pro and the 200mm focal length of my 'longest' lens!

To address the 'weakest link' I have just purchased a Nikon D90 to go with my Nikon lenses. This was about the best I could buy on my limited budget...

Whilst practising with my new toy I shot this greedy crow making off with some food...

I know it's not the greatest picture that you will see on here but as it was shot by hand and through the double glazing of my kitchen window it gives me some hope that my new purchase might have been the right decision and the first steps towards some better snaps!...

I'm still learning so any advice always welcome!...

nikon_test_2_083.JPG

Cheers

Thanks Ken,

Got to start somewhere!

Have to say "in frame" as it is heavily cropped! I was pleased to get a half decent picture when shooting at this distance (approx 90') with my small lens! If I hadn't of been shooting through the double glazing I presume it would have been better?

Got to start saving my pennies for a longer lens now...don't tell the wife!!

Thanks Ken,
Got to start saving my pennies for a longer lens now...don't tell the wife!!

Good attempt through glass.

As a lot of people say. "When I die, don't let my wife sell my gear for what she thinks I paid for it"

Cheers

Ron

Far better than my first go through glass. Look forward to seeing more from you.

Far better than my first go through glass. Look forward to seeing more from you.

I have plenty through glass as I have a three year old and I've found when I'm 'supervising' I do a much better job stood in the kitchen with camera in hand...the playroom also looks over the bird feeders...like I planned it or something!!!

Nice first effort mate, like the man says 'black' birds are a bit tricky :thinking:

Back