New camera

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
I still have my film cameras from way back, but they are all FD mount (AE-1, A1 and T90). I still use them from time to time, but the old FD lenses I have can't quite match the lenses I have acquire for my digital cameras.

As I still enjoy shooting film, I thought I'd treat myself to an Eos film camera that would allow me to use my newer lenses. A quick trawl of eBay, a bit of last minute bidding, and I have now acquired an Eos3 that is in excellent condition and represents great value, given what I paid for it.

All I need to do now is get out there and get some rolls through it.

congratulations - the EOS-3 is a lovely camera, and makes a nice partner for the 5Dii (or would if I could afford one!) (y)

The EOS 3 is a lovely camera - I love mine and get to use all my Canon 50D's lenses on it (except the EF-S 60mm Macro)

Nicely done mate... I got an EOS 5, and I suspect the 3 is somewhat of an improvement.
Curiously enough I've been looking into getting an older canon to go with my fd lenses. Missed a T70 for £15 by a matter of seconds :(

I have a 3, built for it comes to mind. I use all my EF lenses with it. Just got some of that Rollie IR400 film to run through it and have some fun.

I have a 3, built for it comes to mind. I use all my EF lenses with it. Just got some of that Rollie IR400 film to run through it and have some fun.

Don't use the IR film with the EOS-3 - it's got a Infra-Red sensor that it uses to count frames shot. That's how the film's always perfectly registered with the frame no's on the frame, and how you can unload mid-roll at frame X, shoot another film, then re-load the first one, firing off X shots with the lens-cap on, and it'll meet up seamlessly!

You can however safely use Ilford SFX 200 as it is just an extended red sensivity filma and not true IR film so the IR frame counter doesn't affect it.

Back