New cameras or new lens

Lol true.
Just got a roll of Ektar back today. Only scanned one frame so far but can’t decide if I prefer provia or ektar. Provia just seems to have that little something extra at the moment

IMHO both can be tricky. Ektar can be wonderful if exposure (& the photo gods) is/are right... and so can Provia. Should get a bit more DR with Ektar?

IMHO both can be tricky. Ektar can be wonderful if exposure (& the photo gods) is/are right... and so can Provia. Should get a bit more DR with Ektar?
Well I exposed both right as far as I can tell, used filters for provia. I don’t think I did in the shot on ektar, I had the sun behind me so the exposure was fairly even I think. Both were in very different light so it’s hard to compare really.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/145197982@N02/9T5620
That’s the ektar. As I said I’ve only fully scanned that one frame so far. I did notice some very weird colour casts on 2 of the 4 on strip though. But I only use cheap nd grads so maybe it’s a colour cast if I didn’t use the grads for all the photos? But I used the filters for all the photos using provia so god knows, wish I’d taken note with the ektar now!

I've never had much luck with Ektar, but Provia, me likey!

I've never had much luck with Ektar, but Provia, me likey!
I’d need a second roll of ektar I think, use it on something I’m used to taking photos off.
Id really like to use more provia, have 4 rolls in the fridge, but I don’t get to go places that inspire me that much at the moment. I’m on the east coast so sunsets photos are usually inland and I like the coast. I try to go away to the west coast each year but it’s not enough. Places that are within an hour or so drive from me don’t really do it for me, that or I’ve taken photos in the same sort of places.
I’m really hoping to be able to go to the highlands towards the end of the year, been to Galloway national park 2 years ago and that was cool but I really want to go to mountains

Last edited:
Back