New Canon 10-22mm stuck on minimum focus?

Edit My Images
No
hi there, i just bought a brand new 10-22mm and it works fine in autofocus until you focus on something at minimum or lower focus and then it stays locked there no matter where you focus until you manually turn it back to a further focus distance. I take it this isnt normal behaviour? shall i just send it back?

cheers

pat

Sounds like something is sticking, where did you buy it from, if possible I would recommend making contact with your supplier and getting it exchanged ASAP - you could try manually focusing in and out a number of times in the hope that it loosens up but I wouldnt recommend you do anything more than that.

At the price these cost though TBH I would ask for a replacement immediately, you shouldnt have to suffer with quality issues like that when you pay the price these go for.

yeh thats what i thought, i bought it from Kerso who was recommended on these forums and iv contacted him this afternoon but no reply yet, hopefully all will be sorted with a replacement. Iv tried manually refocusing it loads but no joy so far.

Last thing I heard Kerso had been taken into hospital so you might not get a reply for a few days.

yes i got an email from his wife saying that today, hopefully he will be out tomorrow though. best wishes to him.

Back