New Canon 600D First Shots

Name
Rod
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some photos taken today with my new Canon 600D which i only got yesterday afternoon, and with not having much time to read and understand the manual before i went out, i ended up shooting in a couple of the basic modes and a little bit in aperture priority. I spent a lot of time trying to navigate the menus etc. but i'm sure i will find it much easier once i have read the manual. Was a bit disappointed with the battery life, however i did use the liveview quite a lot, i managed 288 shots before the battery died. Anyway please feel free to rip these shots apart.

pyo3puqkns.jpg

d1j4pe9go6.jpg

p38jptx0gy.jpg

vw69lcasvk.jpg

e64bmz0agi.jpg

These were all taken using the standard 18-55 EF-S kit lens.

I like the last 3 shots, the colors and the points of view are spot on and the composition of the last is very nice. The first accessory you should buy has to be a spare battery.

Thanks guys, i'm glad you liked them, yes i will be looking for a spare battery as a priority.

I think you have done remarkably well, you are obvoiusly very creative, once you have mastered the camera techniques the two will stand you in good stead.
Well done.
Darryl.

i like them all not what i would normally do but when done right very pleasing to the eye
i am thinking about getting the 600D just wondered what you think of it? i have had the 400D for a good few years now and feel it is time to upgrade just want any advise from some one who has just got the 600D
thanks

Not my kind of field but they are all good shots photographicaly speaking.

On the battery front, have you cycled it a few times? So complete discharge to full charge without interuption and repeat that once again.

I rarely see my battery less than 50% but I guess 288 shots is heavy work. Sounds like you had fun shooting. :)

Thanks Neil, i really couldnt advise you about the 600D, i have no experience of the 400D so wouldn't be able to compare, and i have only just bought the 600D and need to spend some time getting used to it, sorry.

On the battery front, have you cycled it a few times? So complete discharge to full charge without interuption and repeat that once again.

I rarely see my battery less than 50% but I guess 288 shots is heavy work. Sounds like you had fun shooting. :)

No it was its first charge, hopefully it will last a bit longer after a few charges.

I did have fun though.

Back