New Canon app for ipad. DPP Express.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Ill give it a go tonight. My biggest issue with my M50 is that i cant import the .cr3 files directly to my ipad like i can with .cr2 files. I’d rather not use wireless for this but if i can import the .cr3 files to the photostream using the adaptor I’d be more than happy. I’m guessing life isnt that simple though.

EDIT: thought so, JPG only from photostream.

Last edited:
I think both. I really wish Canon would allow normal raw transfer over WiFi using the Connect App. They never have. Apple on the other hand hasn’t enabled native .cr3 support yet. Apps can work with this file format but as the photostream doesn’t recognise them its a lot of faffing around.

I think both. I really wish Canon would allow normal raw transfer over WiFi using the Connect App. They never have. Apple on the other hand hasn’t enabled native .cr3 support yet. Apps can work with this file format but as the photostream doesn’t recognise them its a lot of faffing around.

.... :( The Canon M50 has been out for a while now and so isn't it about time that Apple gave CR3 support? Especially as all the new Canon cameras shoot CR3. The EOS R is flying out of the doors of retailers as quickly as it arrives there.

Neither Capture One nor ON1 have caught up yet either. I have lots of RAW CR3 files waiting which I want to convert and process to compare directly with my CR2 files.

This is Apple's latest list as at 24th September : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207972

Last edited:
Back