new car - whoooo!

You didnt fancy a Golf then Matty, Mine has served me well..:)

golf2.jpg

6 speed gearbox and 150bhp diesel makes this a cheap car to run..

golf3.jpg

i looked at a couple, just too much of a Ford man i guess...

I've gone off small cars now, leave that to the wife (she wants a corsa / Astra). I have a BMW 740i. Very fast, very comfortable, just need to have a map of all petrol stations on my journey. :D

markgray said:
I've gone off small cars now, leave that to the wife (she wants a corsa / Astra). I have a BMW 740i. Very fast, very comfortable, just need to have a map of all petrol stations on my journey. :D

hehe, nice car!

Did it come with indicators, or is it one of the models i see on the m20 with no indicators....:suspect1:

rofl, good link..

LOL, yeah i saw that picture before i bought the car. Mine has the optional extra of indicators though.

picked mine up today....mavelous car!!!!!! *drools*

Catdaddy said:
That'll be the Mondeo TDCi, Dave. By all accounts a rather nifty piece of kit. The singer in the band I'm in has one and loves it to bits. '140mph before you know it' were his words, more or less.

Realise now the car was a TDCi 155 ST.....very nice looking. Amazingly Broadspeed do them new for over £6K off list, for UK car :shock: Now if only I could get the missus to give up her 1 series ;)

SammyC said:
Much more flexible engine too as the VTEC comes in smoother and lower down.
Grab yourself a Hondata ECU upgrade and your VTEC point can be 3900rpm and your limiter 8600rpm like mine muahahaha :cool:

digitalfailure said:
Last time I checked Honda hadn't even shown a 3 door body for the new civic and specs hadn't been confirmed other than they'd have one out sometime in 07
The new CTR is going to be unveiled at the Geneva motorshow in 2 days time. Can't wait to see it, hopefully it will look more like the DC5 than the current shape 5 door which tbh is just horrible to look at. Can't stand back of it in the slightest :hand:

evilowl said:
The new CTR is going to be unveiled at the Geneva motorshow in 2 days time. Can't wait to see it, hopefully it will look more like the DC5 than the current shape 5 door which tbh is just horrible to look at. Can't stand back of it in the slightest :hand:

I so hope I'm going to like it - I can't stand the 5 door either. I guess it's going to be at least 20K. :(

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the specs/price add up. The press is saying that the die-hards will want to wait for the stripped out Type RR model due out later - thats certainly the one I'd go for.

But then again I've recently got the RWD bug so a second hand 2003 Boxster S might be on the cards instead! Decisions decisions..... :D

Matty said:
Ford Focus, TDCi Ghia, panther black, 52 plate, lovely car...brrrrrmmmmm! :D

My next company car in about a year.
Be interested to know how it goes, not that I have any choice in it anyway.
Interestingly the alternative car is the Mondeo.

Bachs said:
My next company car in about a year.
Be interested to know how it goes, not that I have any choice in it anyway.
Interestingly the alternative car is the Mondeo.

it goes very well, even at low speed, then when the turbo wakes up, its very nice, smooth and grunty. Damn comfy, though the original owner may have got the ghia, but he only specified basic stuff, he didnt get heated seats, or TC(only the standard abs and BTC)

damn fine stereo and stuff though...bought a bucket to actually clean it, and a rechargeable hoover thing to keep it clean inside...and some polish...and a sponge....:shock:

Ha Ha....the evil of a new car...you want to clean it...then 2 weeks later never clean it again ;)

DJW said:
Ha Ha....the evil of a new car...you want to clean it...then 2 weeks later never clean it again ;)

had that with the mondeo, the first time some chav **** and their brainless offspring throw open a car door, leaving a bad ding, i gave up. Why should i bother when divvy ****s with no brains have children that dont give a stuff....:nunu: :banghead: :hand: :suspect2:

LOL...well the rate my missus goes through new cars I reckon she can't be bothered to clean em...just buy a new one :doh: :sadcry:

Why should i bother when divvy ****s with no brains have children that dont give a stuff....

I deal with them everyday at school theres nothing that irritates me more. I find that a good *cough* hiding *cough* do's the trick but someone of my position can't be seen doing that ! :innocent:

p.s wish i could drive :sadcry:

Matty said:
had that with the mondeo, the first time some chav **** and their brainless offspring throw open a car door, leaving a bad ding, i gave up. Why should i bother when divvy ****s with no brains have children that dont give a stuff....:nunu: :banghead: :hand: :suspect2:

Yes or they walk past and key it, some ****** did this to my beemer on Friday night. If i ever find them :banghead:

markgray said:
Yes or they walk past and key it, some ****** did this to my beemer on Friday night. If i ever find them :banghead:

OUCH...feel for you. Would be my worst nightmare

evilowl said:
Grab yourself a Hondata ECU upgrade and your VTEC point can be 3900rpm and your limiter 8600rpm like mine muahahaha :cool:

But then I might as well keep the S and have a 9000rpm limit!

Naah, the reason for a downgrade (IYKWIM) is to save money.

Joe T said:
I am so close to putting the deposit on my new BM - I'm just waiting for the AA-approved inspection to be completed tomorrow. If the car's ok, I shall be going for it! :D

Good luck with the inspection, hope it all goes well and you get your BM, what model are you getting?

..and this morning i find my first 'mark' from the neighbour. It will polish out, but how much ****ing room do people need??????? open a door slowly ffs!

Gutted for you Matty, at least yours will polish out, my scratch is major deep, you can see the metal. Looks like i need a touch up / respray of the drivers side doors front and back.

markgray said:
Good luck with the inspection, hope it all goes well and you get your BM, what model are you getting?
Thanks mate. The inspection was basically ok but it will need a respray on a rear door and a rear wing where they havent been resprayed properly (following a scratch or small dent).

Its a 330d in topaz blue with 80k miles.

Im going to give them a deposit tomorrow, and plan to pick it up on Saturday.

Cant wait! :D

:hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: ;) ....that's the car I've been ranting about. Good on ya :). Now are you going to pay the £500 for it to be chipped to say 250bhp ;)

If I get a new job that requires a lot of driving I'll be looking at a 3yr old 530D sport.... possibly...bit slower than 3 series though.

DJW said:
:hissyfit: :hissyfit: ;) ....that's the car I've been ranting about. Good on ya :). Now are you going to pay the £500 for it to be chipped to say 250bhp ;)

If I get a new job that requires a lot of driving I'll be looking at a 3yr old 530D sport.... possibly...bit slower than 3 series though.
I'll will probably get the remap at some point - maybe a year or so. I need to get used to the current power first - Im coming from a Pug 306 DTurbo!

Some pics (from the dealer):

AETV210664_1b.jpg

AETV210664_2b.jpg

AETV210664_3b.jpg

AETV210664_4b.jpg

:)

very nice, got to love BMW...

Very nice....they sound lovely, not like a diesel at all.

markgray said:
Nice looking car Joe, very clean.

If you need any advice etc on the car a good site is.

http://www.bmwland.co.uk/
Already registered thanks.

Just found out from the guys on there that the grill is not a 330d grill! Also, the light inserts should be black. I was already aware that the bonnet had been resprayed, but I didnt know anymore than that.

I wonder if the front bumper is also new

Well... the new Civic Type R has been launched at the Geneva Motor Show, although it will be over a year before it's on sale, and the yellow version is just for show.... thankfully.

CLICKY

I really dunno about it. The back end is bloody awful. A different engine but no more power, although 200bhp through the front wheels is probably enough.

Hmmm bit disappointed... might even get something half sensible instead.

It's going to be hard to move from Honda I would have thought CT, you've been spoiled.

Back