new car ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Thinking of changing my car and am thinking about a 2004 plate Toyota Avensis 2.0 T4D T-Spirit, I'm after something reliable, comfy, economical, and will eat up motorway miles.

Wondered if anyone had any experience of these motors.

Cheers

Alan

you cant go wrong with japenese cars, as they never go wrong (usually).

I dont have enough experience with so called 'sensible' cars, i own a lotus, and want a few ferrari's, lamborghini's and aston martins so im probably also the wrong person to ask about a family saloon type tourer.

However, my type cars are sensible cars..sensible for track use and going fast ;)

My dad got exact same car (I think) at the end of last year. Very nice car! nice seats, insanely quiet on the motorway at 85...I mean 70. Will do "70" at 2 thousand revs..or just under so the economy is great. Has had to go back a few times as we have had a grinding on the brakes. First time they replaced the front with new discs and pads as the pads had too much metal in them and had buggered up the discs quite a bit. Had a similar noise again, taken it in for service and they say there is nothing wrong with them this time (which I aint convinced about) but they still work fine...just sometimes grind a bit.

Its our first diesel so not sure how common this is, but starting it up in the morning...it rattles like buggery and is quite underpowered (we live at the bottom of a pretty big hill and it struggled to get up in very cold mornings). Fine once it has warmed up a bit, the garage explained about it injecting diesel into something or other...but seemed to try and avoid the question a bit.

erm...what else....good visability! not too long, seems to be a bit shorter than the Mondeo we had before. Handles well, the ABS isnt the best thing in the world, still managed to lock up on occasion....erm.....If you get one with the built in sat nav it is the best thin in the world minus one huge thing...it DOES NOT take full postcodes, which is the most annoying thing in the world!!! but does give live traffic info etc (well out 07 version does).

But yeah, great car. Very good for long drives! can do a few hours driving and not feeling at all (especially if you have cruise control).

Cant think of much else.....apart from the look hasnt grown on me, it aint the prettiest of cars :p

Back