Notice New challenge coming in 2023

lindsay

Admin
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
We've had a bit of a chat at TP Towers, and I'm going to start running a monthly challenge from January next year which will be exactly the same as FPOTY, but for non-film photographers, ie a DPOTY. Its rules and procedures will be exactly the same as FPOTY but with a different set of themes maybe.

This notice is just an FYI, I will be announcing the full details later this year, but a post elsewhere prompted me to let people know its coming.

Last edited:
OK, so although the start is a few months off, I'd like to get thinking about themes - 12 of them - for the DPOTY 2023 challenge that will run alongside FPOTY 2023.
I was thinking that it might be interesting to have the same themes for both Film and Digital POTY's, which saves me some brain-watts, but maybe people would like them different? So please respond in this thread and let me know your thoughts on this. I'll make the decision after a few days/a week of discussion, and we'll take it from there.

OK, so although the start is a few months off, I'd like to get thinking about themes - 12 of them - for the DPOTY 2023 challenge that will run alongside FPOTY 2023.
I was thinking that it might be interesting to have the same themes for both Film and Digital POTY's, which saves me some brain-watts, but maybe people would like them different? So please respond in this thread and let me know your thoughts on this. I'll make the decision after a few days/a week of discussion, and we'll take it from there.
I think it is a good idea, would be interesting to see the same themes film and digital, I guess people could enter both, which would make it even better, to see how the same person uses each media for a theme.

The fpoty themes are really good, flexible and open to interpretation. So that would be a good idea imo.

Edit. Meant to imply using this years fpoty themes for next years dpoty.

Last edited:
Meant to imply using this years fpoty themes for next years dpoty.
Now that's an interesting thought too. I'll consider that idea

This sounds like a great idea, particularly for those like me that can't commit to a 52 challenge.

I like the idea and think it would be interesting for both to have the same themes, I already find it challenging to cover the themes in the FPOTY so a different set would freeze my brain I think. Also it would show how differently the same subjects can be covered in the different mediums I'm thinking focus stacking, exposure blending etc that aren't available for film.

Last edited:
Back