New computer monitor advice

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been using an old Sony bravia tv to edit my photos for quite some time now and it's pretty much on its last legs now.

I want to get something new and everything I'm reading is pointing me towards an IPS monitor BUT, I like the idea of getting another Tv so I can use it for tv purposes as well as editing.

Can someone persuade me what to get either way? I am by no means a professional so don't think I need perfect colour calibration........

not sure if the advent of 4k tv's makes any difference but i know the advice used to be not to use tv's for photo editing. It could well have changed but i think tellies used to be lacking for most pc applications other than gaming in the past

Surly a flat screen's a flat screen spec for spec? Would think its only the picture build up type of tech that differs, if it indeed it does with dig-it-all as opposed to CRT.

Surly a flat screen's a flat screen spec for spec? Would think its only the picture build up type of tech that differs, if it indeed it does with dig-it-all as opposed to CRT.
Spec for spec? Yes
But the important specs are different for different uses, a TV, gaming monitor and photo monitor all have different user requirements.

Can it be colour corrected?

Back