New D850 question

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
I've just ordered a new D850 along with the Meike grip. My question is will my old D810 batteries fit in the grip or does it only hold AA batteries?
Neil

I think you'll find it holds two rechargeable EN-EL15 batteries.

Last edited:
That depends on the tray included. There are 3 battery options for the gripped D850 - AA batteries, a single EN-EL15 or a single EN-EL18 from the D5. The first two options have their own battery tray.

As new the Meike grip should ship with 2 trays, one for AA's and the other for a single EN-EL15. The 2nd EN-EL15 stays in the camera.

Amazon suggests that the grip holds 2 EN-EL15's however their photo shows a tray that only holds one...

I’m running my D850 with the BL-5 Battery End Plate and a EN-18 battery and this way you get the full 9fps instead of 7fps with the single EN-15. Worth the extra cost in my opinion.

I’m running my D850 with the BL-5 Battery End Plate and a EN-18 battery and this way you get the full 9fps instead of 7fps with the single EN-15. Worth the extra cost in my opinion.

Running the same rig, I also see an improvement in initial AF acquisition particularly on the big primes, think the higher mAh overcomes the inertia of shifting heavy glass a tad quicker. Find the same AF improvement on the D500 with the BL-5/EN-EL18b combo but without the FPS increase.

GC

Back