New Eddie Stobart - Unusual kit combo.

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
No
I spent last week driving a brand new Stobart lorry. With my dad being a bit of a closet spotter I thought I should get a shot for him and this is what I came up with. It was shot on the G7X Mk.II and processed using Instagram. Despite the lack of proper facilities to work the image with I am quite satisfied with the result.
14712733_1102083883200568_3525291299502269431_o.jpg

Thoughts?

Should have used GIMP.

This is why I like TP. Social media loves this shot so I was getting quite excited. People who know however are putting me right!

@minnnt I know the colours are a bit unrealistic but one of Stobarts few saving graces is that they are a colourful bunch of vehicles, (they ain't much cop as a haulier I can tell you that!) so I wanted to push the colour a bit. You think I went too far?

The lorries might be colourful but so is the sky. It's your interpretation though Nicholas. I would have PP'd it differently. Social media will love it because instagram is very popular.

Ill see about getting the shot into Lightroom and re-interpreting it.

Always know your target market. Social media images tend to be small, low res, and really benefit from high contrast and over-cooked colours to obtain attention, hence Instagram's popularity. As image sizes increase images can become more realistic and benefit from being less overblown. Also people here will have a very different way of viewing images to a typical facebook etc user.

I'd agree with Minnnt/David about the colours & processing, and a rework would be nice for photographers to view.

Just on personal taste, I would have liked a wider angle of view, taking in more of the surroundings. I know a warehouse may not be very photogenic, but in this case, it would place the vehicle in it's environment nicely. It's too tight a crop for me, but as I said, it's just my own personal taste. :)

I was a bit constrained by the environment itself. If I had gone any wider I would have been stood on a stack of bricks! Next time I'm in an Eddie I'm going to try for some better shots, with a bit more context around them.

I was a bit constrained by the environment itself. If I had gone any wider I would have been stood on a stack of bricks! Next time I'm in an Eddie I'm going to try for some better shots, with a bit more context around them.

With the added bonus of being a driver, i'm sure you'll find a good spot to place it... I look forward to seeing another shot of this. :)

With the added bonus of being a driver, i'm sure you'll find a good spot to place it... I look forward to seeing another shot of this. :)
It does make Eddie Spotting a little easier for sure!

Back