New film coming from Ilford?

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
Ilford have posted the following on their Twitter feed..

View: https://BANNED/ilfordphoto/status/1183754106382536704?s=21

I wonder what it could be? A new film, or a re-issue perhaps? Whatever the case, the imagery seems to indicate it will be for 135, 120, and sheet formats (and one of the pictures suggests, possibly, reversal).

Last edited:
"Acros" that isn't labelled as Acros? Please.:love:

XP2i? It would be similar to XP2 but come in a more rounded cassette and have a 5 speed exposure latitude rather than 4 speed, and there would be an option to colour code the cassette in white, red, blue or black. Well, it worked for Ford in the 80s! :giggle:

Lots of people have asked for that, but there's no demand for it....

Ilfocolour!

About the only thing left would be a black and white transparency film; or ortho in roll film and 35mm sizes.

Or instant black and white film?

Or just FP4 Plus An Extra Bit?

Whatever it is, it will be less impressive than West Yorkshire Camera's Filmspiration 1600.

Ilford have posted the following on their Twitter feed..

View: https://BANNED/ilfordphoto/status/1183754106382536704?s=21

I wonder what it could be? A new film, or a re-issue perhaps? Whatever the case, the imagery seems to indicate it will be for 135, 120, and sheet formats (and one of the pictures suggests, possibly, reversal).

"Coming soon"...….Another Price Increase! :exit::runaway:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

XP2i? It would be similar to XP2 but come in a more rounded cassette and have a 5 speed exposure latitude rather than 4 speed, and there would be an option to colour code the cassette in white, red, blue or black. Well, it worked for Ford in the 80s! :giggle:
With stripes instead of frame numbers.

Actually, I rather like the idea of ortho in 120.

And I have the Ilford safelight for ortho film as well...

Pricey though.

Can't get too excited but hey ho, new film to try must be good?

But you can now use ortho in your F5.:)

:D

Well, it’s a touch underwhelming isn’t it, especially (for me personally) considering that LF gets ignored, as usual.
I think everyone was expecting more and it is a bit disappointing but at least its a new film to market, that can only be a good thing.

I think everyone was expecting more

I wasn't!

Let's be honest, if anything "more" ( ie better, more exciting or appropriate to a larger audiance) does come on the market, it tends not to be very often and is typically retailed at a price that for many folk simply find unnatractive.

improvements to paper and the 4x5 ortho film cut down to 35mm and 120.

:D

Well, it’s a touch underwhelming isn’t it, especially (for me personally) considering that LF gets ignored, as usual.

Sell the ebony, keep the F5, pick up a MF outfit and shoot the new smaller format Ortho film to your hearts content…..You may be "overwhelmed" by the results that it has to offer on "miniature" format! :LOL:

Of course failing that, it's always possible to simply accept that certain films aren't available in certain formats and thus can only be used in certain cameras but they're not all "bad" film…..Even Fomopan in LF can give good results !

There are of course several other LF film brands available but if they don't appeal then best to pack in LF altogether perhaps :exit::LOL:

Sell the ebony, keep the F5, pick up a MF outfit and shoot the new smaller format Ortho film to your hearts content…..You may be "overwhelmed" by the results that it has to offer on "miniature" format! :LOL:

Of course failing that, it's always possible to simply accept that certain films aren't available in certain formats and thus can only be used in certain cameras but they're not all "bad" film…..Even Fomopan in LF can give good results !

There are of course several other LF film brands available but if they don't appeal then best to pack in LF altogether perhaps :exit::LOL:

MF kit isn't really an issue got that coming out my ears, have looked at ortho before but only because it was cheap for sheet film but still dearer than foma so never bothered.

You've got to admit, all the build up and publicity to announce cutting an existing film to smaller formats, and updating some paper was a little much.

I could well be wrong on this one, but my guess is that the launch of Multigrade V was the big announcement, and the Ortho in smaller formats was well below this in importance for Ilford. I don't think there are so many on here doing wet prints, so MG V isn't going to be much of a deal. For the second winter running, I'm intending to get my wet darkroom back into use with MG IV from the fridge, but I singularly failed to do that last year. :oops: :$:asshat:

Sell the ebony

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You know, you really should start a career as a stand up comic :D

Of course failing that, it's always possible to simply accept that certain films aren't available in certain formats...

This is where I have an issue.

To the best of my knolwedge, all film formats get cut from the same huge roll (the technical name I'm not aware of), so it's not as if - to achieve sheet formats - they have to make something different in the first instance. Further, Ilford make sheet formats from their other films, so they essentially have the equipment to form sheets from the master rolls - so it's not like they have to invest in anything to start cutting sheets from never having done so before. You see where I'm coming from?

Anyway, I'm sure it's much more nuanced than that, and really I'm just venting frustration, but in fairness I can't remember the last time LF users felt not forgotten about since Adox made CHS II in sheet film format.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You know, you really should start a career as a stand up comic :D

This is where I have an issue.

To the best of my knolwedge, all film formats get cut from the same huge roll (the technical name I'm not aware of), so it's not as if - to achieve sheet formats - they have to make something different in the first instance. Further, Ilford make sheet formats from their other films, so they essentially have the equipment to form sheets from the master rolls - so it's not like they have to invest in anything to start cutting sheets from never having done so before. You see where I'm coming from?

Anyway, I'm sure it's much more nuanced than that, and really I'm just venting frustration, but in fairness I can't remember the last time LF users felt not forgotten about since Adox made CHS II in sheet film format.

Yes I see exactly where you’re coming from but the simple fact is that certain films are never going to be available in LF for whatever reasons that suppliers may have ( I personally believe that they are missing out on a market but they clearly see differently so fair enough). That then leaves us as LF togs to use whatever sheet films are available or alternatively use smaller format cameras for which our preferred films are available for .... it is that simple!
In my case I could use 35mm in the Leica ,for yourself in the F5 though hold on there lies another issue....... you’re scared to put fingerprints on it ROFLMAO

Back