Wales New fotoVUE - Photographing South Wales (location guidebook)

Mick Ryan

Advertiser
Name
Michael Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
SW-front-cover.jpg

Drew Buckley is one of the UK’s top landscape and wildlife photographers. For the last four years, Pembrokeshire based Drew has been busy writing about and photographing the most beautiful locations for photography in South Wales.

And now his book, Photographing South Wales (448 pages, 62 locations, over 500 photographs) is just about to go to the printers and will be published in early August.

You can LOOK INSIDE a preview and purchase a pre-order copy signed by Drew, with free UK shipping at our shop for £22 (SRP £27.95 on publication).

All the details are https://www.fotovue.com/news/announcements/pre-orders-photographing-south-wales-by-drew-buckley/

All the best and thank you,

Mick

Last edited:
Heading that way in November so i think a copy of this will be required.

Thanks for the heads up - will be spending a week on south coast for the first time later in the year. Copy ordered :)

Lived there all my life and the coastal paths are certainly where to go. Possibly Preseli mountains, beaches. No major attractions in my opinion, just miles of so so landscape

Lived there all my life and the coastal paths are certainly where to go. Possibly Preseli mountains, beaches. No major attractions in my opinion, just miles of so so landscape

Try these....which having travelled all over the UK are nationally important and should be on anyones list.

Marloes Peninsula
Strumble Head Lighthouse
Newgale Beach
Tenby
Cardiff Bay
Rhosilli
Nash Point
Waterfall Country
Pen y Fan
Dylan Thomas

and there are dozens more.

I have the Peak District book and use it all the time, plus the Cornwall one as we holiday down there. Both are excellent and I’ll invest in others as and when I have trips planned to those areas.:)

I have the Peak District book and use it all the time, plus the Cornwall one as we holiday down there. Both are excellent and I’ll invest in others as and when I have trips planned to those areas.:)

Thanks popcorn

Order placed, looking forward to more inspiration for my next trip to south and west Wales.

Do you have plans for another book after this one?

Chris

Order placed, looking forward to more inspiration for my next trip to south and west Wales.

Do you have plans for another book after this one?

Chris

Hi Chris - South Wales is book nine, North Wales second edition is next, then a mountain book, Photographing the Snowdonia Mountains.

Then these are being completed London, East Anglia, Northumberland, Western Ireland, Kent, Yorkshire Dales, Cotswolds, Surrey and Sussex, Iceland, Calderdale, Pendle, Night Sky, Weather, more Scotland books, Dublin and Wicklow and on and on.

Mick

Hi Chris - South Wales is book nine, North Wales second edition is next, then a mountain book, Photographing the Snowdonia Mountains.

Then these are being completed London, East Anglia, Northumberland, Western Ireland, Kent, Yorkshire Dales, Cotswolds, Surrey and Sussex, Iceland, Calderdale, Pendle, Night Sky, Weather, more Scotland books, Dublin and Wicklow and on and on.

Mick

Looks as though you are going to be busy for the next few years - good luck with the ongoing productions.

Chris

Mick
Quite a list ! When is the Yorkshire Dales expected please ?

The South Wales book arrived today, it looks very good, lots of places to explore.

Looking forward to exploring some of the suggested locations.

Chris

I'm very lucky to live in South Wales. I do not shoot landscapes anymore. Maybe i should get the book and get inspired again.

I'm very lucky to live in South Wales. I do not shoot landscapes anymore. Maybe i should get the book and get inspired again.

I have been pleased with the North Wales and Devon and Cornwall books in this series, so I'm confident that the South Wales edition will not disappoint.

Chris

Fab, there's so much to see down there I'm surprised they got it into one book. The headland north east of St David's is my favourite area of Pembrokeshire and Dunraven Bay near Bridgend is a great spot.

Back