New Friends

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
No
I've had a pretty dismal year with the camera. The lockdown killed my mojo after a few months and so a new subject is helping me find that again. I had to quickly throw up a single light to capture my daughter with our new family member.

51230701642_e70fa2438f_k.jpg

That's lovely. Your daughter looks happy, the kitten looks like it's thinking "why me?" :D

Thanks Marc. I was surprised how well the kitten sat there in the end, I couldn't get her to hold the kitten as I'd have liked and so this was probably the slight pick, though there's another that's warming on me. I was expecting only a few pics until the kitten was off.

Lovely photo and has been said above "cuteness overload".
Please don't take this as a criticism, because it's not, but it has a kind of "chocolate box" appeal to it?

Great that you have two sets of eye contact too.

T
Lovely photo and has been said above "cuteness overload".
Please don't take this as a criticism, because it's not, but it has a kind of "chocolate box" appeal to it?

Great that you have two sets of eye contact too.
Thanks Richard. It's the eye contact that had me gravitating towards this one, in the end. I like another probably more so, but the kitten wasn't playing ball.

The second is lovely too, but you're correct about the plane of focus. To anyone else it wouldn't matter a jot, but to a togger it's a big deal. :p

The second is lovely too, but you're correct about the plane of focus. To anyone else it wouldn't matter a jot, but to a togger it's a big deal. :p
Thanks Toni. I might look at a ‘cut and paste’ if I really want to sort it out, but in this format, it’s not too bad, or else I wouldn’t have posted it. Annoying though, all the same. Bit rusty!

Your pictures are always amazing. Even if you only take one like this every year that enough to make a super album.
When kids are tiny we have thousands of photos then things slow down.
I could tell it was yours straight away. Whish I could be anywhere near as good!

Last edited:
Your pictures are always amazing. Even if you only take one like this every year that enough to make a super album.
When kids are tiny we have thousands of photos then things slow down.
I could tell it was yours straight away. Which I could be anywhere near as good!
Ahh thanks Tom :giggle: It’s funny though huh, you never think your own stuff is up to much. It’s a little formulaic, but no time for messing expecting a few shots at most. Need to shoot more often again.

Last edited:
I love these! What an adorable little model you have. I would love to be as rusty as you! The eye contact of the kitten makes it even better. Enjoy these moments, as you’ll blink and she will be a stroppy teenager:)

I love these! What an adorable little model you have. I would love to be as rusty as you! The eye contact of the kitten makes it even better. Enjoy these moments, as you’ll blink and she will be a stroppy teenager:)
Thanks Leroy. We have one of those too, the thought doesn't bare...

I like them both a lot, both are beautifully lit but that first one has a really natural quality about it.

Back