New from Canon, Eos EF24-105f4 L USM IS

MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
Came across this on Canon Australia's website.

ef24105.jpg

• Standard zoom lens 24-105mm, fast f/4 aperture
  • Super UD glass lens with two types of aspherical elements which effectively correct aberration
  • Image Stabilizer gives equivalent effective shutter speed three stops faster during hand-held use
  • Optimised lens coating to minimise ghosting and flare
  • High dust and moisture resistance
  • Closest focus distance of 45cm at all zoom focal lengths
  • Circular aperture producing attractive bokeh
  • Inner focusing, ring USM and new AF algorithms for fast and quiet autofocusing
  • Manual focusing enabled even during AF mode (full-time mechanical manual focus)
  • Only environmentally friendly lead-free glass used in lens construction

Now this could be the lens I've been waiting for.
It will deffinately fill the gap between the 17-35 and the 100-400, and its only another 670g in the kit bag.

It will be interesting to see what the price will be when it arrives on these shores.

definitely, I like my old 28-105 but it's not quite wide enough. This looks like it could be a winner if the price is semi reasonable

Ah, I expect your semi-reasonable and mine differ slightly :).

probably not Sammy, although I'd really like something like this I'd strongly suspect it's going to be a good bit more than I could afford or be willing to pay :(

New + USM + IS + little red plastic ring == not cheap.

:(

Sigma do something like this, its a 24 - 105 but i dont know if its any good, about £130..

anyone got any idea?

Warehouse Express now have this listed at £739.
The lens hood is an extra £43.99.

Thats already £100 below the MRRP, and its not available yet.

Some of the full size images on the links look very nice indeed, that lens is just about perfect :(

I know. I've hardly used my 70-200L since buying it - wondering if this wouldn't be a better bet.

This lens is currently unavailable, "Due to a technical issue with the above lens Canon are unable to supply at present".

What the technical issue is, I don't know.

I think a long wiat will be in order, before I get myself one of these now.

Back