New from Wokingham

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi, Steve here. Was recommended this place by a non-photo forum
Used to take mostly B&W film and develop / print many years ago, with Praktika and Minolta gear, mostly used lenses which I used to buy on the markets in east London.
Bought a Minolta digital SLR about 15 years ago, and got some nice pix but never really got into digital pics much, printed a few of the holiday pics out each year, but eventually the camera stayed at home on hols, and just used the iPhone.

Recently bought my daughter a Sony dsc (?) RX100 for her 16th, and helping her with that has rekindled a need to get the DSLR working again and work out how the menus work again. And that RX100 is a lovely little camera, I’m quite jealous of it :)

Looking forward to picking up some ideas and knowledge off here.

Hi Steve, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi Steve, enjoy the forum :welcome:

Hi Steve.

I am Nick, and have just joined here too. Have been into photography for years, but am starting to try and get "better" and more professional at it (without ever trying to do it as a job). I am fairly local to you (Fleet), and used to live in Wokingham.

I am into wildlife shots (african animals, birds, sealife etc) and landscape photography. Interested to chat to anyone else fairly local on here.

Hi Steve, I recognise the nickname from the guitarry place.

Hi Steve - and hi to others on here too.

I’m Gavin, and perhaps there is something in the air because i’m also new on here - and live just outside Wokingham....

Been taking photos for a few years, mainly landscape and street style images, but with a few portraits thrown in when I get the chance. This year I’ve started trying my hand at wildlife shots on the river, but getting an interesting image is proving more challenging than I thought.

With luck I can pick up some tips and advice on here when I bite the bullet and try posting a few results..

Hey, good to (virtually) meet you Gavin. Nice to see another newbie on here. I have a couple of long lenses if you wanted to try wildlife photography?? I want to see if i can find the time to get out and photograph some local birds, foxes etc. Makes a change from my usual African shots lol

Back