New Godox Xpro2 trigger you cant purchase from Godox

I would love to know Godoxs logic behind this, surely they will lose a hell of a lot of UK sales.

I'm working on importing them to the UK, will confirm once it's been confirmed.
To be honest Simon I can't see me upgrading, the Xpro does everything I need at the moment, my observation was for people in the UK who might want to upgrade, personally I think it's cluttered to many buttons I don't need, the Xpro is just about right for me :)

To be honest Simon I can't see me upgrading, the Xpro does everything I need at the moment, my observation was for people in the UK who might want to upgrade, personally I think it's cluttered to many buttons I don't need, the Xpro is just about right for me :)
Toys! Cheap Toys! Everyone NEEDS them!

The only feature I need adding to the Godox is to be able to have "banks" of power settings I can switch between so that I can have multiple light setups firing against a single backdrop more easily :/

Isn't that what the bluetooth control on this version is for or an A1?

The only feature I need adding to the Godox is to be able to have "banks" of power settings I can switch between so that I can have multiple light setups firing against a single backdrop more easily :/
Can’t you do this simply by setting up different lights on different channels.

Ahh, didnt read it like that...
Multiple transmitters?

Multiple transmitters was the only solution I could come up with, yes :/

imagine 5 lights on 4 channels (2 BG fill, Key, Rim, Fill) and wanting to shoot one with all the lights on, and one with the BG group off and the fill light up 2/3 stop (Just as an example). Currently requires a lot of frantic button mashing, or two controllers. (As far as I know, anyway - if anyone has a solution to this PLEASE let me know!!)

Can’t you do this simply by setting up different lights on different channels.

It's still a frantic finger game turning them off and on in the right groups. I want to be able to configure channels A-E and save the settings to "Preset 1", reconfigure it save to "Preset 2" and be able to flick quickly between them.

Looks like this video covers it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MQJGkQpdXg

That introduces two new devices into my bag - An android phone and an A1 - neither of which I own, and having to handle a phone whilst shooting would quickly irritate.

Whilst it's "Doable", It'd be much nicer if they just added Preset functionality to the XPro1 via firmware.

Well looks like they've agreed to my order, I should be getting a few Canon and Sony units whenever they come into stock.

So if someone wants one and doesn't want to import or pay the premium for doing so, let me know.

Whilst it's "Doable", It'd be much nicer if they just added Preset functionality to the XPro1 via firmware.

The new Adorama XPro eliminates the need for the A1, question is whether Godox will introduce in their next version of the trigger and of course the software is also available for the iPhone

Mike

Last edited:
Back