New-Guinea Kids

Name
Max
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
My first photo advice post ever! I want to get some pics printed but thought i'd sort out some issues with a couple first. Most just needed cropping, but this one needs something more complex
I don't actually know how to include the pic in the thread :bonk: new at this! (would be grateful for instructions on that too :help: ) But if you could kindly go to my gallery it's the only one in there! I think the levels need altering to reduce contrast, but not sure.
Cheers,
Million

Here you go:
BALANCE.JPG

For how to post pics, see Here

Did you use flash on the shot? It appears to have a really strong 'over-flashed' look to it. Not quite sure what you could to resolve that as I'm pretty naff when it comes to PS, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point you in the right direction :)

Yeah, embarassingly it was on full auto, with it's horrible flash on. Couldn't be helped. It's my Dad's work camera so wasn't sure how to use it for best results! I'm hoping there is a photoshop solution... anyone?

Oh dear... the shots of a lifetime too! Well over-flashed as you know. The contrast is sortable, but the real killer is the hard flash shadows and the flash reflections from the skin on the boys, particularly between the eyes, which can only really be done with a bit of cloning.

PNG.jpg

If you've got any more like that you can keep 'em? :D

;)

Thanks CT, that's already a vast improvement! Is the image you posted equal res to the one I did, ie can I just copy and paste it onto my comp and save it at the same res as the original? Thanks

Thanks CT, that's already a vast improvement! Is the image you posted equal res to the one I did, ie can I just copy and paste it onto my comp and save it at the same res as the original? Thanks

Yep... exactly the same res as your original. :) If you wanted it larger, (for printing quality) you can just resize it in Photoshop or PSP using the Bicubic method... not Bilinear.

Legend, thanks CT - I like this site already

Back