New Hall Hotel and Spa Wedding

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Playing catch up on my blogging and sharing, here's one from earlier this year that I photographed at the New Hall Hotel and Spa.

More on the blog here > New Hall Hotel and Spa Wedding

Was only half a days coverage which is why there's no prep or anything after they sat down.

1. Nice looking venue.
new-hall-hotel-and-spa-wedding-photography-004.jpg

2. Entrance of the bride. Only the second fully coloured dress I have ever shot from memory, get plenty of off white, slight platinum etc but not many coloured in thsi way.
new-hall-hotel-and-spa-wedding-photography-014.jpg

3. Bride and groom
new-hall-hotel-and-spa-wedding-photography-025.jpg

4. Confetti
new-hall-hotel-and-spa-wedding-photography-035.jpg

5. Nice backdrop for the post box
new-hall-hotel-and-spa-wedding-photography-037(pp_w600_h900).jpg

6. Grooms speech.
new-hall-hotel-and-spa-wedding-photography-055.jpg

what a lovely wedding and great set of photos :)

Number 3 is very nice, maybe a tiny crop on the left to make the off centre look more deliberate.

Also think number one would benefit from pulling more blues into the sky, although that may not be your style.

OK to clarify..why do you put watermarks on your pictures..do you think somebody is going to steal them?
Picture No. 2..the groom/best man is out of focus..or is this what was intended?.... and the lights are blown out..
The last picture has a large section of (the best man?) cropped..was this intentional.

Please forgive me if you think I am being critical I thought you put them up for comments so I offer my apologies if I have offended....

OK to clarify..why do you put watermarks on your pictures..do you think somebody is going to steal them?
Picture No. 2..the groom/best man is out of focus..or is this what was intended?.... and the lights are blown out..
The last picture has a large section of (the best man?) cropped..was this intentional.

Please forgive me if you think I am being critical I thought you put them up for comments so I offer my apologies if I have offended....

Thanks for clarifying your original post which was the sort of ******** up your own arse comment that gives critique here a bad name.

Given that I sell photos from every wedding that I shoot I always watermark the ones I put on the blog (which these are posted from) to prevent people from simply copying them.

No. 2 The groom is out of focus because the focus is on the bride walking down the aisle.

The last picture is cropped that way on purpose, its to focus on the bride but show that she is reacting to grooms speech as he is the one stood up talking to her side.

Have you ever been to a wedding ?

Whoa Nick...you are extremely sensitive...calm down. I clarified my comments... you know sometimes its better to accept an apology rather than be a prick....

Whoa Nick...you are extremely sensitive...calm down. I clarified my comments... you know sometimes its better to accept an apology rather than be a prick....

I am perfectly calm thanks, I am just attempting to set you straight on your ******** first post in this thread because that's the sort of pathetic rubbish that stops others posting so I want you to be very clear on what rubbish it was which hopefully you now are. :)

Thank you Nick....I am very clear now...thank you for putting me 'straight'

No problem, hopefully your future critique will be as useful as your clarification and nothing like your original post in this thread.

Maybe slightly OTT Nick but it needed doing, haha.

Would loved to have seen you get everyone in focus with the aisle shot. F22, ISO 1,000,000 maybe?

Getting back to the photos.... :)

Nice set, although would agree that number 3 could do with croping left to off centre the picture.

The lights do look a little overexposed, however a tricky shot, as I imagine it was fairly tricky lighting with a lot of dark wood for the background.

Good work though.

Maybe slightly OTT Nick but it needed doing, haha.

Would loved to have seen you get everyone in focus with the aisle shot. F22, ISO 1,000,000 maybe?

I think my reaction was proportional and appropriate .... I am happy to receive critique no matter who its from and whether I agree with their opinion or not, its all useful. However when its just a two word sarcastic post from someone being a cock I think it needs to be nipped in the bud because that's the sort of thing that stops people with a thinner skin than me posting.

Aye processional and recessional shots are always a balance, ISO4000 and f2.8 to get 1/200th as it was. Flash is always an option but with direct flash you end up with a really bright groom and bounced you end up with weird casts from the walls and roof.

Back