[new image added] Strobist Portrait

ACW

Edit My Images
Yes
This was inspired by another self portait I saw in here, I loved it so thought I'd give it a go. I was going to try with Canon box, to represent the "light" side but the box itself had seen better days.

Also used as day 10 of my 366 which can be seen here.

Any C+C is appreciated.

010/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

TIA

ACW

update-

didn't want to start a new thread for a single picture so thought I would put it here. It was inspired by something I just watched on TV.

014/366 (read description) by ACW#, on Flickr

edit-edit- I realise I am pulling the same face in both pics, maybe I need to work on my expressions...

Last edited:
I really like this. The lighting works really well and I like the fact that the hood is capturing the light and stoping I spilling onto the background, it kind of focuses he image as well.

Nick

I wonder who gave you the idea for this? Hehe. At first I thought it might be slightly too bright but I actually think it works pretty well as your facial expression suggests it should be bright. I think it's a really nice self portrait.

I wonder who gave you the idea for this? Hehe. At first I thought it might be slightly too bright but I actually think it works pretty well as your facial expression suggests it should be bright. I think it's a really nice self portrait.

Ah yes, partly guilty! There was also another similar one recently which had a box in it too. Trying to make it look like the box is filled with concentrated light. I was trying to party blow out my face without blinding myself!

I really like this. The lighting works really well and I like the fact that the hood is capturing the light and stoping I spilling onto the background, it kind of focuses he image as well.

Nick

Thanks Nick :)

Back