New L lens recived, just one question?

Name
Dex
Edit My Images
Yes
Just recived my new 70-200 f4.0L and it has a 1.2mm- a symbol i cant recreate and 3mm-, which one do i use for motorsport or do you change it depending on the type of shot youre after?

Many thanks for your help.

It's your focus limit switch - 1.2m to infinity or 3m to infinity.

Asuming everything is further than 3m away - use that.

So if i understand correct then if im at 200mm and the car is full fraame would i use 1.2-infinity?

These are on the AF limiter switch, and the symbol you can't recreate on the keyboard - it looks a bit like an 8 on its side - is infinity. The two settings represent 1.2m (not mm) - infinity, and 3m - infinity. You use them to speed up AF lock, by reducing hunting and the range the lens has to search for the subject.

These are on the AF limiter switch, and the symbol you can't recreate on the keyboard - it looks a bit like an 8 on its side - is infinity. The two settings represent 1.2m (not mm) - infinity, and 3m - infinity. You use them to speed up AF lock, by reducing hunting and the range the lens has to search for the subject.

Thanks i understand it now (y)

You're welcome. Enjoy the lens, it's probably the best value for money in the L series in terms of price/performance, assuming you want a medium range zoom.

You're welcome. Enjoy the lens, it's probably the best value for money in the L series in terms of price/performance, assuming you want a medium range zoom.

Yeah its perfect range for the local motorsport track i got to.

Back