New Lens 1

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I reported earlier the sad demise of my wide zoom. The good news is that I got a replacement lens (a 16-35L) and I as happy as a porker in effluent :D

This first one is my son in local woods playing with his bike. The tree behind is a bit distracting but nonetheless I am still happy with it and was good practice working with the flash until got a good balance between shutter speed and correct fill.
IMG_2204_Greg_jump.jpg

That's a bit overflashed - but nontheless agood capture.

MBK177.firstride-01.jpg

This is how the pros do it... Courtesy of MBUK magazine. Notice how even though the flash balance is very good, he's used front-curtain synch instead of rear... Hmmm...

Wouldn't have happened in my day...

Maybe I should change my name to HIMAWEEBITFURTHERSOUTH :)

Nice capture m8!

Point I was trying to make that although the flash level in yours isn't quite right, the so-called Pro has got it badly wrong due to the synch being all bolloxed. Yours is better and with practice and better processing techniques will be better still...

No worries Arkady, I just could not resist. Thanks very much for commenting, I know I have a way to go but for a family shot this makes my day!

It is slightly over exposed, but nothing a little tweek in the levels couldn't fix.
I've used the grey colour picker and selected the bike frame to neutralise the colours.
I think it looks a lot more natural.

hun.jpg

You've captured the action well :thumb:

good shot, you've caught him right at the peak of the action.

you're right rob, did you ever know john gowler? he was a good mbuk photographer, and a nice chap.

No - I worked with Seb Rodgers and Steve Behr - we all used to be part of the Brighton crowd, riding with Jo Burt and Russell Burton (until Russ 'Sharked' Jo's girlfriend and then married her...went down well that...)

Back