New lens and tripod

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
It is my birthday on Tuesday and i have asked my family for a lens and tripod to accompany my newly aquired D60 (got it for xmas :D).

I have got the the Velbon CX-640 tripod and also the sigma 55-200 F4-5.6 DC HSM.

AND the best bit of it all is that i have been allowed to play with it all tonight as i want to take some photos of my brothers playing wheelchair basketball tomorrow!!!

The tripod is alot lighter than i imagined and seems well made and sturdy. The lens also focusses just as quick as my kit lens (i did read about them focussing slowly) and seems to produce just as good pictures from what i can see.

All in all i am a happy chappy :D:D:D

Shoot, shoot and shoot some more. The wonderful thing about digital photography is that once the equipment is purchased; you can shoot all you want at no cost.

BTW: you can make a carry strap for your tripod by just tying a loop at either end of a strip of 1" nylon webbing. The material is sold at fabric stores for next to nothing. A carry strap is handy to have.

Here is a link to an assortment of free, short tutorial videos on all sorts of digital photo subjects:

http://www.prophotolife.com/video-library/

Good luck and happy shooting.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Tuesday (y)

It is my birthday on Tuesday and i have asked my family for a lens and tripod to accompany my newly aquired D60 (got it for xmas :D).
I have got the the Velbon CX-640 tripod and also the sigma 55-200 F4-5.6 DC HSM.
All in all i am a happy chappy :D:D:D

You are doing well with the handouts.
I got nothing and was forced to buy my own.

Back