Review new lens hood

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
This was for my Panasonic HC-X900M camcorder with a 0.49 mm thread. What a difference to the original which kept falling off until I lost it. This one is metal instead of cheap plastic and a lot better.

With new hood

I just can't understand why companies like Panasonic produce a good product (which is not cheap) then ruin it with a cheap nasty PLASTIC accessory.

got this from Amazon sold by Impulsphoto fr anyone interested

Last edited:
This was for my Panasonic HC-X900M camcorder with a 0.49 mm thread. What a difference to the original which kept falling off until I lost it. This one is metal instead of cheap plastic and a lot better.

With new hood

I just can't understand why companies like Panasonic produce a good product (which is not cheap) then ruin it with a cheap nasty PLASTIC accessory.

got this from Amazon sold by Impulsphoto fr anyone interested
To be fair, most "plastic" hoods (OEM and good quality ones are actually poly-carbonate not simple plastic) are very strong indeed, metal tends to bend and fold which is why most manufacturers have moved away from metal hoods. Some cheap plastic hoods from ebay are a con through and flex, you can tell the difference between a good poly-carbonate hood and a knock off one. Can't comment on the OEM Panny one you had though, but Canon's (for example) are very strong indeed.

Last edited:
Back