New lens (Sigma 10-20mm) - Local area (Germany)

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
My Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM arrived a couple of days ago and only just had the chance to put it to good use. Primarily it will be used for my skateboarding shoots followed by everything else needed to be fired at UWA..

I really like it, it's fast and looks really good on the camera

I also bought the Sigma 17-70mm F2,8-4,5 DC ASP arrrived this morning but so far I'm not impressed with it, in all honesty the 18-55 kit lens that came with the 450D was sharper. Think I need to give it a second chance and take some more shot's with it..

Anyways, today was a family bike ride and on route I took the following shots..

All Clickable for a larger version - C&C welcome

#3 - Not sure what to think of this shot, I only took 5 landscape shot's in total so I had to include this one or I would have none to show off!

Number 5 was taken with the Sigma 17-70mm F2,8-4,5 DC ASP

Last edited:
1 looks quite sharp. The sky is less interesting than the water so I'd have included more foreground. Odd aspect ratio and I don't see the point of the black bands.
2 is a bit soft and short on content.
3 is also sharp but somehow the composition seems strange drawing your eye to the bottom left the way it does.
Not much to 4 or 5 to comment on.

You need to look for compositions in landscapes. it's not all about getting as wide a view as possible.

Excellent stuff martin, the 10-200 takes a bit of getting used to.

I particulaly like 4 and 5, sometimes less is more.

I like the black bands but they could be a little less severe and show off more of the picture rather than being a feature themselves.

#3 looks like a split view, quite interesting, but my favourite is 2, I like the balance and simplicity.

Thx for the comments, some good points that I shall address when taking my next shots..

I thought maybe the Black border (heavy I know) would suit the landscape shots, perhaps I was wrong but it's easy to fix (Simply remove :p)...

Edit - Here they are without the borders..

#1 - 6

#2 - 7

#3 - 8

Last edited:
Back