New lens test

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I got my new sigma 50-500 on friday and today is the first chance to use it properly.These were taken in raw and apart from a little levels and resize for web nothing else has been done no sharpening at all.
Canon 30D and the Bigma

@50m
_MG_5111-01copy.jpg

@500m
_MG_5108-01copy.jpg

And @500 with 2x converter =1000m
_MG_5107-01copy.jpg

I'm well chuffed as you can imagine

How do you find it? Can you handhold at the longer lengths? Do you think it would be good for motorsport and panning whilst handheld or on Monopod?

The more I see examples from that lens the more I want one!

tommy6206 said:
And @500 with 2x converter =1000m
That's really not too shabby at all, nice one (y)

pretty damned good!

Thinking i should have bought one now. lol.

Excellent work there sir.
You might just get me to consider a Sigma lens.How much this beast if you don't mind me asking??

Thank you all for the reply's.. It can be bought from most retailers for around £720-50

Certainly gives a good impression of the lens, aswell as the range it has, looks like I should have had one of these at the Sunderland Airshow this weekend - could have checked the time on the pilots watches ;)

Definately looking at getting this as a big zoom for when the 70-200 + 1.4x just doesnt cut it.

£720-50, is that a UK price or HK?

Warspite said:
Certainly gives a good impression of the lens, aswell as the range it has, looks like I should have had one of these at the Sunderland Airshow this weekend - could have checked the time on the pilots watches ;)

Definately looking at getting this as a big zoom for when the 70-200 + 1.4x just doesnt cut it.

£720-50, is that a UK price or HK?

Thats UK price

Some more long range high mag pics
Canon 30D sigma 50-500 @500 +2x converter =1000m not taking into account the crop factor

_MG_5106-01copy.jpg

_MG_5104-01copy.jpg

Thanks for looking C&C Welcome

Back