New Lens

Name
Ann
Edit My Images
Yes
I have had my new lens Sigma 150-500 for a week now, we have not had good weather here and i am struggling a bit with it but managed to get a few from today C&C welcome

robin150500_filtered.jpg

nuthatch150-5002_filtered.jpg

nuthatch150-500_filtered.jpg

dunnock150-500_filtered.jpg

That is a lovely set Bw, two really good Nuthatch shots and the Dunnock is as good. The Robin is a little on the soft side but I think that Scotts edit is slightly too much. Sorry Scott ;)

This is my main bird lens, and i'm a big fan. It gives you superb image quality for a zoom. It is a fair weather lens, because it hates being wide open, i leave it permanently on f8. Its great at distance too, if you keep the ISO as low as possible, and just tickle it off the 500mm to about 480. The autofocus is outstanding in my opinion. I never use a tripod, but do look for a little support (beanbag or monopod). You did well, it being a dull day, get out on a fine one and be amazed.(y)

Thank you all very much i was getting a bit worried about buying this lens but i can't afford a Nikon in this range i think i just need time to get used to this lens the tips from you are very welcome roll on the better light

Like all new things, it takes a little time to get used to. Number 2 is my pick of the bunch.

I agree with Frank and Mark and I did do a number of trial shots as the books recommend with mine and f8 is what it likes best and works a treat in good light.
You wont be disapointed with it I reckon.
John

What all enthusiast Nikon users need to remember is, to get the quality this Sigma zoom lens provides in good light, will cost you several thousand pounds more to achieve in less light.
I have seen these poor light shots, and to be honest, they are not a lot better than those you can achieve with good light, and a medium priced lens.
As i have always ranted. To get quality,,,,,, get close.
With wildlife photography nothing beats a hide of some sort, and a little bit of cunning. :shrug: simples!

Back