by Bryn_Thomas, on Flickr

_13A8673

3. Unedited and with ETL

_13A8657

_13A8672-3

So in summary I think I need to work a little more on the diffusion and it certainly struggled with ETL at 5x Magnification but 1/4th power worked fine on manual.

I have some plans to reposition the flash heads a little more than I have already at the moment they are mounted slightly higher so I could get the Softboxes in.

:ty:

So so lucky, that you can have this (knock off) and dont understand why (I do, they wanted TTL) they didnt have multi use makes of camera controller like they have done in the past.
Nice set of shots though and to me the better shots come are with the MP-e

So so lucky, that you can have this (knock off) and dont understand why (I do, they wanted TTL) they didnt have multi use makes of camera controller like they have done in the past.
Nice set of shots though and to me the better shots come are with the MP-e

Not sure what you mean in that first bit....

Think the MPE you are closer to the subject but at 5x magnification the position on flash heads with Softbox doesn't work.

Got some design changes to make and possibly have to make my own softboxes.

Love that last shot in the first bunch of images of the pencil - thats great. Do you have a link to the knock off? :) I'm off out shortly to the in-laws - Im hoping they have some insects in the garden and its not too windy out at the moment but with it being a year since I last done some macro's, Im not expecting a great deal of quality, but I will post them up. Best go dust off the pringles tube lol

Not sure what you mean in that first bit....

Think the MPE you are closer to the subject but at 5x magnification the position on flash heads with Softbox doesn't work.

Got some design changes to make and possibly have to make my own softboxes.

I messaged them, they do this setup for Canon but not Nikon atm [emoji34] they didn't make it a multi use controller (on the hot shoe as with their other flashes) as this twin flash setup is TTL and so with multi use controller s its not possibly to have TTL.
Make sense?

Love that last shot in the first bunch of images of the pencil - thats great. Do you have a link to the knock off? :) I'm off out shortly to the in-laws - Im hoping they have some insects in the garden and its not too windy out at the moment but with it being a year since I last done some macro's, Im not expecting a great deal of quality, but I will post them up. Best go dust off the pringles tube lol

Off ebay the seller was hkyongnuo something. They were the cheapest and quickest for delivery.

Still looking good though m8.

Paul.

Thanks not quite right though I like my diffusion ;)

Something to note and I'm working on it when you change a setting or move focus it sometimes won't fire like it's being told there is no light. I have stopped it from sleeping and checked connections and it is working for the moment but will monitor and see if what I have done has resolved it.

What is the softbox you are using with the YN-EX ?

And what's the sound support with it like :confused:

I was using these ... >>> LINKY <<<

Sound support? .... the supports on the front are identical to the MT24EX from what I've seen and very solid plastic.

About time they got their fingers out and made a twin light flash, l reckon it will be very popular given the price of the canon twin light.

Be interested to see your finished setup. Not overly sure how big those things are you are using or how.

Yes from their site - at least I think it is - http://www.hkyongnuo.com/e-detaily.php?ID=392

*Sound prompt system
When the sound prompt system is enabled, different sound modes will prompt different working conditions of the speedlite so as to allow you to focus on shooting process (Note: the sound can be turned off).

Last edited:
About time they got their fingers out and made a twin light flash, l reckon it will be very popular given the price of the canon twin light.

:D

Be interested to see your finished setup. Not overly sure how big those things are you are using or how.

Yes from their site - at least I think it is - http://www.hkyongnuo.com/e-detaily.php?ID=392

*Sound prompt system
When the sound prompt system is enabled, different sound modes will prompt different working conditions of the speedlite so as to allow you to focus on shooting process (Note: the sound can be turned off).

I've only used the im ready to fire option but did read you can set it when you half press shutter it turns on LEDs at different brightness and turns them off after release or shot.

Back