New Limited edition Leica - $29,000

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
123358-Leica-Golden-MP-China-top.jpg

mmmmm - only 61 available - and only in China.....

At first I thought it was a joke.

This is why Leica gets a bad name, inspite of making great cameras.

Its indeed a joke....

I never could see the point of gold plated cameras, or lizard skin, crocodile skin, and jewel encrusted variations. :thinking:

Unfortunately there are a very sad bunch of people who buy Leicas purely for investment, and wont even take the shrink wrapping off it in the time that they keep it - in fact to do so would be to devalue it in the markets where they deal. I suspect it's these people it will appeal to and who it's aimed at.

I wonder how many pictures those Leicas will actually take in their initial ownership? Very very few I suspect :(

I wanna battered proper lecia to love and cherish and shoot with but I spend all my monies on digi kit :(

I wanna battered proper lecia to love and cherish and shoot with but I spend all my monies on digi kit :(

Top shout (y)

That said - I'm afraid some togs are guilty of being a bit geeky so the exclusive products don't shock me. Anybody remember ultimate 'hi fi' ??

Unfortunately there are a very sad bunch of people who buy Leicas purely for investment, and wont even take the shrink wrapping off it in the time that they keep it - in fact to do so would be to devalue it in the markets where they deal. I suspect it's these people it will appeal to and who it's aimed at.

Just like dinky toys - a mint "yellow submarine" in the original box is worth hundreds - but a played with one is worth 50p

The inscription on the top of the camera reads ‘Tree Tibet’

just ordered mine :D said something about the back of the queue behind the sultan of oman :shrug:

I'm guessing it's just a quick way for leica to make some money. Notice it's film as well, not digi...

If we get over the fact that this sort of product is specifically created to be an investment, and has nothing at all to do with photography, then it makes a lot more sense. I don't think it's at all sad to invest in goods, if there is a proven market. Indeed I'd rather have a camera than a gold bar, even if it's just to look at, given they both perform about the same in the investment market.

Let's be honest, these products are never meant to be used. Who in their right mind would actually use a $29,000 camera?

There are used Leicas on the market which are suitable for actually taking pictures, and they cost a lot less than this. Photographers will buy those, investors will buy these, and, I suspect, never the twain shall meet.

When I worked for a Leica dealer they were few and far between though two M6's came in together once instead of the usual £1295 they were only £700 well used with brass showing wish I'd bought one now. You could take it virtually anywhere and not be bothered amount getting a tiny mark on the body.

When I worked for a Leica dealer they were few and far between though two M6's came in together once instead of the usual £1295 they were only £700 well used with brass showing wish I'd bought one now. You could take it virtually anywhere and not be bothered amount getting a tiny mark on the body.

me too (now) :D It takes a fair bit to wrestle me from my 5dII though

Back