New Macbook Pro

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
The wife bought me a new macbook pro for christmas which I'm sure i will love however i have an issue. When i try to log on with my password it just won't allow me past it. A message keeps coming up asking if I'm having issues logging on and asks me to restart. After a few tries it asks if i want to log on with my Apple id-it asks for email and password which i enter and everything is then fine. I know the password is correct including a capital letter as i use the same password on the Retina 5K. I have checked many times for correct spelling etc-so what can the issue be and where do i go to reset the password to try that? Thanks...

That sounds like you mistyped the password when you originally entered it. The AppleID thing is supposed to let you gain access when you have forgotten the machine's password.
Booting to recovery and resetting the password is usually a better option, although it will lock you out of the Keychain.

That sounds like you mistyped the password when you originally entered it. The AppleID thing is supposed to let you gain access when you have forgotten the machine's password.
Booting to recovery and resetting the password is usually a better option, although it will lock you out of the Keychain.

Don't think that was the answer as it would eventually let me in after several tries.cheers.

Maybe had it set to log in using your Apple ID/iCloud and not a local user password?

Back