South-East England New Member - Essex

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, just registered on the forum.

I worked as a professional in my 20's in a studio in East London. Weddings, portraits, glamour, pets, and some Commercial work. Weekends I used to do Motorsport photography for fun and also covered the local area working for a couple of car magazines. Cameras at that time were Bronica & Hasselblad for the 2 1/4 stuff and Canon for 35mm. Canon bodies were A1's fitted with MA motordrives (and a back up EF!) and a variety of prime lenses (zooms weren't that great back then!) including the lovely breech lock stuff and a great 300mm F4 with drop in filters.. I also had my own darkroom for printing my work. I left the business mid 90's.

2017, aged 50 and I'm back :)

Blimey things have changed...it's so much easier now :)

Anyway, current kit is Canon - stay with what you know. Only a couple of lenses but I'm sure other stuff will be added. Body is an 80D with a battery grip, I have an 18-135 Nano USM and have just taken delivery of a 70-300 L lens.

Still can't believe I can change ISO from shot to shot, and am still cautious about firing off too many shots in case I don't have much film left in the Billingham :)

Hi Mark and welcome There have been a lot of changes in recent years. But I am sure you will soon master them. Dive in and enjoy.

Hi Mark, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

Hi Mark, :welcome: to the forum

Excellent isn't it, and when you get home, change the WB to anything you like!

Hi from another Essex lad :D

Welcome Mark, sounds like you have some experience to fall back on. The technology may have changed but the picture is still taken by the photographer not the camera. One word of warning though. There is a strong user base on here using film cameras, and very well too. I left film behind many years ago but within a few days of joining this forum, I found myself the owner of a classic old Russian 35mm camera. I blame these guys so be on your guard ;)

Hi Mark, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Back