New Member: First Post

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
OK, decided to look at this forum as a new place to display images to help progress myself up the photography ladder for self improvement.... so managed to get some "fun" time in the studio where I want getting paid, but more experimenting and trying stuff out .... here is what I come up with. Two of my favourite girls, ready and willing as ever ;) ;)

Gemma

Gemzy01.jpg

Gemzy02.jpg

Maxine
Maxy01.jpg

Maxy02.jpg

Maxy03.jpg

Maxy04.jpg

My favourite is the last one of the bunch .... I feel I am getting more "artsy" in my shooting ???

Opinions ???

Hey steven,

Welcome to the forum....

I was about to start picking out the ones I liked but when I looked back I just couldn't decide! I really like them all!....

All great shots from my POV...

You been doing this long?

Regards

AJ

Hi and :welcome: to TP :wave:

I'm no expert on portraiture but I have to say I do like these. Something about the poses, the eye contact and the processing just really works for me. Great first post :clap: Looking forward to seeing more :)

EDIT: I really do like no 3 (y)

Hey steven,

Welcome to the forum....

I was about to start picking out the ones I liked but when I looked back I just couldn't decide! I really like them all!....

All great shots from my POV...

You been doing this long?

Regards

AJ

Hey thanks AJ ....

Erm ... been photographing in the studio for about 2 years now, mainly self taught after I had to leave college due to insufficient funds, therefore learning as I go now, and loving it.

Thanks for the comments, appreciated. A mate of mine once said you cant photograph without lights .... I said rubbish, then promptly purchased my Bowens kit ...lol

nice way to say hello..:wave:

i like the shots.. look forward to seeing more..

md(y)

Hi and :welcome: to TP :wave:

I'm no expert on portraiture but I have to say I do like these. Something about the poses, the eye contact and the processing just really works for me. Great first post :clap: Looking forward to seeing more :)

EDIT: I really do like no 3 (y)

Thank you very much for your kind words. I love the studio, and would live in it, but wife wont let me ...lol

I dabble in photoshop, and tend not to crop images, but move in if i need to get closer.

The last one of the bunch is my favourite with Maxine.

There will be more as long as you wanna keep me :clap:

All good work but 3 works best for me. The tight crop draws attention to the eyes.

Welcome! Superb shots! I can see I have much to learn...

Great stuff there. I'm really liking no 2 - something about the eyes just seems to work.

Great stuff there. I'm really liking no 2 - something about the eyes just seems to work.

:D Thanks for your comments Gemma is a great girl to work with too.

She knows models I have never heard of and modelled Hair for Loreal Colour Competition last year ... great girl.

She was trying out to get some shots in a "twiggy" style, theres more I will put up later on.

Didnt want to flood the forum on my first day :D

3rd & last shots for me Steven but a nice set of shots overall, good interaction with the models & nice subtle lighting.

Welcome to the forum, a very nice 1st post & am looking forward to more (y)

Thank you Mr Moo :)

I do feel welcome in here already, mainly fantastic responses to this first set of prints. There is loads more ... I think i may be happy in here, as you dont all mind stating the point, and truth and honest opinions is what I am looking for.

Thanks again, and congrats on the Family win ... how do I find the list of winning entries etc?

I think I may even join in to the comps??? Am I allowed even though new here?

great set of pics
not usually a mono fan, but the toning on these does seem to work!

oh and welcome! :wave:
a great start - trouble is, people will expect more!!!:nuts:

I aim to please Mike ... I aim to please ... but also looking for a "your photos sux" comment ... I can take that too ... here to learn.

All shot against black background.

"Your photos suck"

Happy now?

I jest though, I think the first one is a little soft round the edges. The rest I like a lot. Last one as a pick :)

"Your photos suck"

Happy now?

I jest though, I think the first one is a little soft round the edges. The rest I like a lot. Last one as a pick :)

Hehe ... cheers .. now I can settle in for the long haul ...

I think its soft due to the filters applied, I will chuck up the original for comparison.

:woot:

Back